Digital TV News: Advanced Television Systems Committee
Pearl TV program to accelerate development of NEXTGEN TV dongles
Oct 18, 2022 – Pearl TV has developed a FastTrack program to accelerate development and retail availability of low-cost upgrade accessory receivers, for the 91% of U.S. households that have displays with an HDMI input, but are not equipped with NEXTGEN TV technology.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Rob Folliard, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
Five Louisville TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Sep 12, 2022 – Local TV stations in Louisville have joined together to launch NEXTGEN TV. Block Communications' WBKI will host five stations including Block's WDRB and market partners WAVE, WHAS and WBNA; Kentucky Educational Television's (KET) WKMJ will launch on Sept. 19.
News categories: Pearl TV, Block Communications, Anne Schelle, Dale Woods, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Hisense lineup of NEXTGEN TVs comes to U.S. retail
Aug 23, 2022 – Pearl TV has announced that NEXTGEN TV models from Hisense, U7H and U8H, are now available at retail in the US. Hisense joins other manufacturers - Sony, Samsung and LG - that already have more than 70 models in stores.
News categories: Pearl TV, Hisense, Anne Schelle, David Gold, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV showing increasing consumer interest and purchase intent
Mar 30, 2022 – According to research conducted by Magid, NEXTGEN TV advertising, including Dolby commercials from a marketing campaign which debuted on local TV stations across the U.S., is resonating strongly with consumers.
News categories: Pearl TV, Dolby, Magid, Anne Schelle, Mathias Bendull, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
Jan 20, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of its ATSC 3.0 Patent Portfolio License providing one-stop access to patents that are essential to the next generation broadcast standard developed by the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC).
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
Jan 18, 2022 – The ATSC has announced that the SBTVD Forum has recommended to the Brazilian government the selection of several technologies proposed by ATSC for Brazil's next-generation terrestrial digital television standard.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, SBTVD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Skip Pizzi, ATSC 3, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
Jan 17, 2022 – The SBTVD Forum has completed the technical evaluation phase of its TV 3.0 Project aimed at defining Bazil's next-generation TV platform. In the end, MPEG-H Audio was selected as the sole mandatory audio codec for the system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Ateme, SBTVD Forum, Adrian Murtaza, Mickaël Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
NEXTGEN TV coalition highlights industry momentum at CES
Jan 5, 2022 – The coalition of U.S. broadcasters transitioning to NEXTGEN TV has applauded the plans announced during CES 2022 by Hisense and MediaTek, and new field test data recently achieved by Sony at the 'Motown 3.0 Open Test Track' in Detroit.
News categories: Pearl TV, MediaTek, Hisense, Sony Electronics, Anne Schelle, Alfred Chan, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
Television Jamaica to launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 24, 2022 – Television Jamaica (TVJ) has been accepted as a full member of ATSC. The membership is one of many moves that the station is undertaking as it embarks on a transition from analogue to the digital ATSC 3.0 transmission.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Television Jamaica, Madeleine Noland, Claire Grant, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Jamaica
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV