Digital TV News: Advanced Television Systems Committee
Avanci one-stop licensing platform for ATSC 3.0 launched
Mar 7, 2023 – Avanci has launched Avanci Broadcast, a patent licensing platform for the ATSC 3.0 broadcasting standard, offering a simple pricing model for manufacturers that implement the technology.
News categories: Avanci, Kasim Alfalahi, Ilkka Rahnasto, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, USA, Worldwide
Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
Feb 6, 2023 – Tolka is the first ATSC 3.0 software vendor to power devices entering the NEXTGEN TV trademark certification process. The Tolka software stack will reside on ADTH-branded receivers planned for introduction later this year.
News categories: Pearl TV, Tolka, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, Dr. Bob Campbell, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, USA
NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
Jan 31, 2023 – Six television stations in Boston have launched NEXTGEN TV. The stations are: WUNI (Univision; channel 27); WCVB (ABC; channel 5); WFXT (FOX; channel 25); GBH (PBS; channel 2); WBZ (CBS; channel 4) and WBTS (NBC; channel 10).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Theodore Stoner, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
Jan 18, 2023 – The Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago has announced the adoption of ATSC 3.0 as the standard for free-to-air digital terrestrial television (DTT) in the country.
News categories: Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Regulation, Trinidad and Tobago
Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Jan 5, 2023 – Miami TV viewers can now experience the future of broadcasting as four stations join together to launch NEXTGEN TV. Viewers have available four OTA channels: WTVJ, WSCV, WFOR and WLTV. WPBT will participate as a test service.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
ATSC 3.0 services now live in 66 U.S. markets
Jan 3, 2023 – At CES, the ATSC will be showing receivers that are in development for the U.S. and international markets. New ATSC 3.0 products and services will be shown by Gaian Solutions, Hewlett Packard, Pearl TV and Sinclair Broadcast Group.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Six New Orleans television stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 15, 2022 – New Orleans viewers can now find six channels OTA with NEXTGEN TV: WUPL (MyNetwork; channel 54), WWL (CBS, channel 4), WVUE (FOX, channel 8), WDSU (NBC, channel 6), WGNO (ABC, channel 26) and WNOL (CW, channel 38).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Digital TV
MediaTek, iWedia combined NEXTGEN TV solution available in Q1 2023
Dec 15, 2022 – Pearl TV has announced milestones in the rollout of NEXTGEN TV in the U.S. and the broader ecosystem of partners that enable the deployment of devices and the broadcaster application platform, RUN3TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, MediaTek, iWedia, Anne Schelle, Alfred Chan, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
Pearl TV program to accelerate development of NEXTGEN TV dongles
Oct 18, 2022 – Pearl TV has developed a FastTrack program to accelerate development and retail availability of low-cost upgrade accessory receivers, for the 91% of U.S. households that have displays with an HDMI input, but are not equipped with NEXTGEN TV technology.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Rob Folliard, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update