Digital TV News: Advanced Television Systems Committee
Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 5, 2023 – Miami viewers can now access five more free OTA channels with NEXTGEN TV: WPLG-TV (ABC), WSVN-TV (FOX, TheGrio, and This TV), and WPLG has started broadcasting LOCAL 10 Plus.
News categories: Pearl TV, WPLG-TV, WSVN-TV, Anne Schelle, Bert Medina, Paul Magnes, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Fórum SBTVD selects ATSC 3.0 physical layer for Phase 3 field testing
Nov 20, 2023 – The ATSC has announced that the SBTVD Forum has selected the ATSC 3.0 physical layer as one of two technologies to advance from Phase 3 lab testing to Phase 3 field testing.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, SBTVD Forum, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Philadelphia television stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Aug 10, 2023 – Six television stations - KYW-TV, WPSG-TV, WPVI, WCAU-TV, WTXF-TV and WUVP-TV - have launched NEXTGEN TV, based on ATSC 3.0 broadcast standards, in Philadelphia.
News categories: Pearl TV, LTN, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
6G-Datacast.tv launches mobile ATSC 3.0 receiver at NAB 2023
Apr 14, 2023 – 6G-Datacast.tv has launched a mobile ATSC 3.0 receiver offering connectivity through Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as well as via USB. The company will be demonstrating the receiver at NAB 2023.
News categories: CEA Group, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, USA
Pearl TV brings NEXTGEN TV And Run3 TV to NAB Show 2023
Apr 13, 2023 – At NAB Show 2023, Pearl TV will demonstrate NEXTGEN TV features and capabilities with partners including Comcast NBCUniversal, Samsung and LG Electronics.
News categories: Pearl TV, RUN3TV, Robert Folliard, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
Avanci one-stop licensing platform for ATSC 3.0 launched
Mar 7, 2023 – Avanci has launched Avanci Broadcast, a patent licensing platform for the ATSC 3.0 broadcasting standard, offering a simple pricing model for manufacturers that implement the technology.
News categories: Avanci, Kasim Alfalahi, Ilkka Rahnasto, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, USA, Worldwide
Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
Feb 6, 2023 – Tolka is the first ATSC 3.0 software vendor to power devices entering the NEXTGEN TV trademark certification process. The Tolka software stack will reside on ADTH-branded receivers planned for introduction later this year.
News categories: Pearl TV, Tolka, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, Dr. Bob Campbell, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, USA
NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
Jan 31, 2023 – Six television stations in Boston have launched NEXTGEN TV. The stations are: WUNI (Univision; channel 27); WCVB (ABC; channel 5); WFXT (FOX; channel 25); GBH (PBS; channel 2); WBZ (CBS; channel 4) and WBTS (NBC; channel 10).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Theodore Stoner, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
Jan 18, 2023 – The Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago has announced the adoption of ATSC 3.0 as the standard for free-to-air digital terrestrial television (DTT) in the country.
News categories: Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Regulation, Trinidad and Tobago
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond