Digital TV News: Airtel
Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
Oct 19, 2021 – Bharti Airtel has launched Airtel IQ Video, a Video Platform as a Service offering. Airtel IQ Video allows businesses to build video streaming products with minimal investment in infrastructure and technology.
News categories: Airtel, CG Group, Eros Now, Adarsh Nair, Niravana Chaudhary, Ali Hussein, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Nepal, Streaming
Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
Sep 23, 2021 – Subscription video on demand (SVOD) revenue in India is expected to grow at a robust compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.9% from US$0.9bn in 2020 to US$1.9bn in 2025, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Pradeepthi Kantipudi, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
MediaMath adds Airtel Ads to its demand-side platform
Jun 30, 2021 – Demand-side platform, MediaMath, has announced a collaboration with Airtel. Airtel recently launched Airtel Ads to enable brands to run campaigns to its over 340 million customers in India.
News categories: MediaMath, Airtel, Giovanni Tricarico, Vignesh Narayanan, Amardeep Singh, Advertising, Digital TV, India, Mobile, Satellite
StarTimes ON app launches on VIDAA OS TVs in Africa
Jun 15, 2021 – StarTimes and VIDAA have announced that the streaming app StarTimes ON will now be available on VIDAA-powered Hisense smart TVs. StarTimes ON is a mobile app offering both live TV channels and VOD content.
News categories: StarTimes, Hisense, Aldrine Nsubuga, Africa, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV
Multi-play service revenue to grow at 5.4% CAGR in India
Jun 25, 2021 – Multi-play service revenues in India are expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% between 2020 and 2025, supported by improving fixed infrastructure in the country, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, India, IPTV, Market Research
Technicolor Android TV set-top box shipments top 10 million
Mar 30, 2021 – Technicolor has announced that deployment of its Android TV set-top boxes (STBs) has now passed 10 million units. Cable, telco and other pay TV operators around the world continue to rapidly deploy Android TV STBs.
News categories: Technicolor, Mounir Toutah, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
Feb 24, 2021 – Bharti Airtel has entered the advertising business with the launch of Airtel Ads, allowing brands to curate consent based and privacy safe campaigns to one of the biggest pool of quality customers in India.
News categories: Airtel, Adarsh Nair, Gajendra Jangid, Pradyot Ghate, Om Jha, Advertising, India, Mobile, Satellite
India adds 120,000 DTH subscribers in 3Q 2020
Jan 21, 2021 – According to TRAI, Pay DTH had an average active subscriber base of 70.70 million at 30th September 2020. At the same time there were 12 MSOs and 1 HITS operator with a subscriber base of more than one million.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
Jan 13, 2021 – Amazon has introduced Prime Video Mobile Edition - a mobile-only plan at an amazing introductory price of ₹89 ($1.2). Prime Video is collaborating with Bharti Airtel for the first roll-out.
News categories: Airtel, Amazon, Shashwat Sharma, Sameer Batra, Jay Marine, Gaurav Gandhi, Digital TV, India, Mobile, Streaming
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV