Digital TV News: Allegro DVT
Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
Sep 12, 2023 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its E300 video encoder IPs, built on a higher performance architecture with support for resolutions from 4K60 up to 8K120.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT introduces DVB-TTML subtitling test suite
Sep 7, 2023 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of the industry's first DVB-TTML Test Suite which enables testing of the mandatory DVB-TTML Subtitling Systems Specification.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Digital TV, QoE, UX, Worldwide
Allegro DVT releases LCEVC video IPs and compliance streams
Aug 31, 2023 – Allegro DVT has launched a complete range of MPEG-5 LCEVC products comprising LCEVC compliance streams and LCEVC hardware decoder and encoder video IPs (D301 and E301).
News categories: Allegro DVT, V-Nova, Nouar Hamze, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, QoE, Silicon IP, Worldwide
BitRouter announces ZapperBox M1 v1.2 software and ZapperBox A1 antenna
Apr 16, 2023 – BitRouter is now shipping version 1.2 software for the ZapperBox M1 NEXTGEN TV set-top box. The company will soon also start shipping the ZapperBox A1 antenna designed for NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: BitRouter, Televes, Gopal Miglani, Javier Ruano, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
Allegro DVT launches world’s first MPEG-5 LCEVC decoder silicon IP
Apr 4, 2023 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its D301, the first MPEG-5 LCEVC decoder IP solution, allowing SoC/ASIC vendors to offer solutions compatible with the format.
News categories: Allegro DVT, V-Nova, Nouar Hamze, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Labwise introduces ATSC 3.0 conformance test suite
Dec 14, 2022 – Labwise has announced the availability of StreamWise-ATSC its test suites for testing ATSC 3.0 (NEXTGEN TV) receivers and TV sets to ensure conformance with ATSC 3.0 TV service features.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Pearl TV, Nouar Hamze, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, UX
Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
Dec 8, 2022 – Allegro DVT and V-Nova have partnered to accelerate the availability of LCEVC-enabled solutions. The two companies will collaborate to make available both compliance test streams and proven video IPs.
News categories: Allegro DVT, V-Nova, Nouar Hamze, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
Jun 28, 2022 – Allegro DVT has announced that Synaptics has selected Allegro DVT's VVC test streams to ensure full compliance of Synaptics’ products with the new emerging VVC video compression standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Synaptics, Nathalie Brault, Craig Stein, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT AV1 decoder IP supports 12-bit pixels and 4:4:4 chroma sub-sampling
Jun 16, 2022 – Allegro DVT has announced that its D310 AV1 Decoder silicon IP now supports 12-bit sample size and 4:4:4 chroma sub-sampling. Emerging applications such as cloud-gaming, automotive and screen mirroring will benefit from these new features to provide superior video quality.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward