Digital TV News: Alon Ironi
Siano Launches Receiver Chip for Latin America's Mobile TV Market
Aug 11, 2010 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced the launch of a new product, targeting the emerging mobile TV market in the Latin America. The SMS2130 supports the ISDB-T mobile technology, also known as ISDB-T '1-Seg'.
News categories: Siano Mobile, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor
Siano Scores Major Sockets with Top 3 Brazilian Operators
Apr 27, 2010 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced that all top three of Brazil's mobile carriers - Vivo, Claro and TIM Brazil - are now promoting products using Siano MDTV receiver ICs, in designs from ZTE.
News categories: Siano Mobile, ZTE, Brazil, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor
Rosum Corp. and Siano Mobile Take GPS Indoors Using TV Signals
Mar 1, 2010 – Rosum Corp. has announced the launch of ALLOY™, a location and synchronization solution for indoor and urban environments. The chip, developed with Siano Mobile, uses broadcast TV signals to provide precise frequency, timing and location information.
News categories: Siano Mobile, Rosum Corp, Mobile, Semiconductor
Siano Launches Ultra Low Cost CMMB Mobile TV Chip with Enhanced Features
Mar 1, 2010 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced the launch of the newest product in its CMMB TV receiver chip family - the SMS1184. The SMS1184 addresses the 'Qingcai' - the mobile TV service provided by CBC - China's Broadcast Corporation.
News categories: Siano Mobile Silicon, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, Semiconductor, Tablet
ZTE to Power Mass-Market Mobile TV in Brazil
Jan 27, 2010 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has announced that together with Vivo, Brazil's largest mobile operator, and Siano Mobile Silicon it has introduced the first 3G modem to provide mass-market mobile TV in Brazil.
News categories: ZTE, Siano Mobile, Vivo, 5G, Brazil, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Mobile, SBTVD, Semiconductor
Siano Mobile Silicon Raises $24M in Round D Funding
Jan 11, 2010 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced the completion of a $23.5M fourth round of funding. The round consists exclusively of all of Siano's existing investors: JVP, DFJ-Tamir-Fishman, Star Ventures, Walden Israel, and Bessemer Venture Partners.
News categories: Siano Mobile, Mobile, Semiconductor, Venture Capital
Siano Teams with World's Largest PND Makers
Dec 22, 2009 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced that the world's largest Personal Navigation Device (PND) makers, Garmin, Mio, Navigon and others - have integrated its leading MDTV receiver chips into their latest consumer GPS products.
News categories: Siano Mobile, CES2023, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor
Siano Unveils Newest Multi-Standard Mobile TV Chip
Sep 8, 2009 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced the launch of a new multi- Standard mobile TV receiver chip, the SMS1230. The SMS1230 supports the major Global broadcast mobile TV standards of DVB-T, T-DMB, and ISDB-T plus digital radio (DAB/+) and FM Radio.
News categories: Siano Mobile, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor
Siano Debuts Ultra-Integrated CMMB Receiver Chip
Jul 27, 2009 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced the launch of the newest product in its CMMB TV receiver chip family - the SMS1186. The IC includes the secure 'root-of-trust' hardware (known as UAM) that adheres to China Mobile's latest data security requirements.
News categories: Siano Mobile Silicon, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022