Digital TV News: Armstrong
SES and Armstrong initiate Ultra HD trial
Jul 20, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it has initiated the first-ever live and linear Ultra HD (UHD) trial with cable MSO Armstrong. The trial combines satellite broadcasting with the multicast capabilities of DOCSIS 3.0.
News categories: SES S.A, Armstrong, Steve Corda, Mike Giobbi, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Satellite, USA
Rovi Guide in more than half a million DTAs
Sep 23, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ:ROVI) has announced the deployment of its guides on over half a million digital terminal adapters. Rovi is now providing its programme guide to cable households throughout the U.S. and Latin America.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Armstrong, Omar Javaid, Dave Whittmann, Argentina, Cable TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, USA
Armstrong Utilities selects TiVo television solution
Sep 9, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Armstrong Utilities have announced that Armstrong has selected TiVo for delivery of a multi-screen, seamlessly-combined linear, recorded, over the top, and video on demand TV experience.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Armstrong, Jeff Ross, Thomas Elam, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
UK's Hyperoptic secures £50 million investment
May 23, 2013 – Hyperoptic has announced that it has received an investment commitment of £50 million led by Quantum Strategic Partners. The funding will enable Hyperoptic to reach more than 500,000 UK homes with its 1Gbps fibre broadband, as well as to develop new products such as IPTV.
News categories: Hyperoptic, Fibre, IPTV, UK, Venture Capital
Salsgiver trials Amino Freedom Jump OTT device
Apr 26, 2012 – Amino (AIM: AMO) has announced that US-based fibre optic network provider Salsgiver is to trial its Freedom Jump OTT device as part of a premium service offered to customers under the gotlit.com brand.
News categories: Amino, Salsgiver, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Armstrong Completes VOD Architecture Upgrade with SeaChange
Mar 1, 2011 – U.S. cable television operator Armstrong has completed an end-to-end video-on-demand architecture upgrade with solutions from SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC).
News categories: SeaChange, Armstrong, Cable TV, Content Distribution, USA
Hollywood Studios and Cable Companies Launch Campaign to Promote Movies on Demand
Mar 17, 2010 – The U.S.'s major Hollywood studios and cable companies have joined forces for a push to expand consumer awareness of the value offered by Movies On Demand®, a service that provides a way to rent box office hits on cable.
News categories: Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing, Movies On Demand, Cable TV, OTT, USA
Sony 'dash' Personal Internet Viewer to Feature Movies and TV Episodes Streamed from Netflix
Feb 16, 2010 – Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) has announced that its dash™ personal Internet viewer will feature a dedicated application for Netflix (Nasdaq:NFLX), allowing Netflix members to instantly watch thousands of movies and TV episodes directly on the unit.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Digital TV, OTT, Smart Home, Tablet, USA
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
- Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million