Digital TV News: BT Sport
TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
Jun 17, 2021 – TCL (1070.HK) and Roku have announced that they will be launching TCL Roku TV models in the UK. TCL Roku TV models will be available in both HD and 4K UHD resolution, in sizes ranging from 32” to 65”.
News categories: Roku, TCL Electronics, Arthur van Rest, Bernie Chen, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK, UX
UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
Jun 9, 2021 – Sky, ITV and Channel 4 are working together to launch CFlight, an advertising metric that captures live, on-demand and time-shifted commercial impressions across all mainstream viewing platforms in the UK.
News categories: Sky Media, ITV, Channel 4, NBCUniversal, Tim Pearson, Kelly Williams, Veriça Djurdjevic, Kelly Abcarian, Advertising, Digital TV, UK
BT rolls out new UI with BT TV Box Pro launch
Jun 4, 2021 – BT has unveiled the BT TV Box Pro, its most advanced set-top box. The box features 4K HDR viewing, Dolby Atmos and a new user interface giving customers more intuitive control.
News categories: BT TV, Chandru Lakshminarayanan, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
Amazon Prime Video to launch on Sky; NOW TV on Fire TV
Dec 14, 2020 – Sky and Amazon have announced a partnership that sees Prime Video launch on Sky and NOW TV devices across Europe, while the NOW TV and Sky Ticket apps will also come to Fire TV devices.
News categories: Sky, Amazon, Stephen van Rooyen, Jay Marine, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
Virgin Media launches Horizon-powered TV platform in the UK
Nov 10, 2020 – Virgin Media has announced its new TV platform, Virgin TV 360. The advanced TV line-up includes a Mini box, new TV remote with voice control and smart features which offer an integrated, voice activated and personalised service.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Annie Brooks, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UK
Condense Reality secures £800k seed investment
Oct 7, 2020 – Condense Reality, a virtual reality startup developing technology to transform how viewers watch live entertainment and sports, has raised a seed round of more than £800,000, including £220,000 from SFC Capital.
News categories: Condense Reality, SFC Capital, BT Sport, Nick Fellingham, Stephen Page, Digital TV, Streaming, UK, VR, Worldwide
Sky Q adds smart new features
Jul 8, 2020 – Sky is adding new features to its Sky Q set-top box. An expanded view UI, simple new show and sports centres, intuitive smart buttons and improved voice discovery will make it easier to browse, find and watch TV.
News categories: Sky, Fraser Stirling, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
BT Sport and Samsung screen UK's first live 8K sports broadcast
Feb 27, 2020 – BT Sport and Samsung have delivered the UK’s first public live 8K sports broadcast, with a screening of a UEFA Europa League match. The broadcast used a bespoke BT Sport 8K outside broadcast set up, delivering to Samsung QLED 8K TVs.
News categories: Samsung, BT Sport, Dan Hastings, Jamie Hindhaugh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, UK
BT to protect broadcasters using BISS-CA encryption from ATEME
Jan 9, 2020 – BT is stepping up its efforts to combat the illegal piracy of premium content through a partnership with ATEME. The company is using the ATEME’s encryption techniques to protect satellite uplinked content to help reduce the number of illegal streams.
News categories: ATEME, BT, Julien Mandel, Dominik Wrona, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Worldwide
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product