Digital TV News: BT TV
DTG release D-Book 12.5 requirements for UK DTT
Nov 2, 2020 – The DTG has released the latest version of its D-Book which sets out the technical interoperability requirements for digital terrestrial TV in the UK, underpinning Freeview, YouView, Freesat, EE TV, BT TV and TalkTalk TV.
News categories: DTG, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Owen Jenkinson, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Digital video booms in UK during lockdown
Jul 22, 2020 – Data released by BASE has shown that UK consumer spend on digital film to buy and keep grew by more than 87% during the lockdown period to a year-to-date value of £113 million to the end of June.
News categories: British Association for Screen Entertainment, Liz Bales, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
May 29, 2020 – BritBox and BT have announced that the BritBox app is now available on BT TV set-top boxes. BT TV customers will be able to access the app with their current log-in or sign up online. BT plans to offer integrated billing fon BT TV later this year.
News categories: BT TV, BritBox, Siena Pakington, Reemah Sakaan, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
BT TV rolls out hands-free search with Alexa
Nov 22, 2019 – BT is becoming the only UK TV provider to offer Freeview, premium TV channels and Amazon Prime Video with integrated Alexa search and the convenience of one simple bill. Customers can link BT TV to their Alexa account by enabling the BT TV skill via the Alexa app.
News categories: BT TV, Pete Oliver, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
DTG defines latest UK TV industry requirements with D-Book 11
Oct 31, 2018 – The DTG has published the latest version of the D-Book, its technical standard for TV and DTT in the UK. The D-Book is updated annually with the collaboration of industry, underpinning Freeview, YouView, Freesat, EE TV, BT TV and TalkTalk TV.
News categories: DTG, Freeview, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Guy North, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
UK: TV streaming services overtake pay TV for first time
Jul 18, 2018 – The number of UK subscriptions to television streaming services like Netflix has overtaken those to traditional pay television for the first time. The findings are part of Ofcom’s Media Nations report, a study of major trends in the UK’s television, radio and audio sectors.
News categories: Ofcom, Sharon White, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Freeview only major UK broadcast platform growing its viewer base
Jun 28, 2018 – Freeview is the only major UK broadcast platform which is growing its viewer base, according to Digital UK’s annual update. The report highlights progress in Digital UK’s role leading development of Freeview which remains the UK’s most widely watched television service.
News categories: Digital UK, Freeview, Jonathan Thompson, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
Amazon Prime Video now available on BT TV set top boxes
Jun 21, 2018 – BT has announced that it has become the first major UK pay-TV provider to offer Amazon Prime Video access via a set top box – giving customers the ability to access Prime Video’s TV and movie content at the push of a button.
News categories: BT TV, Prime Video, Tony Singh, Brett Ballbach, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
BT TV to include the Amazon Prime Video app
May 16, 2018 – BT TV has announced plans to include the Amazon Prime Video app as part of the service in addition to Netflix. Customers will also be able to access Now TV from 2019. BT will be the first major UK TV platform to offer Prime Video through its set-top boxes.
News categories: BT Group, Marc Allera, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico