Digital TV News: Barış Altınkaya
Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
Nov 22, 2021 – Vestel and Simply.TV has entered into a multi-year EPG agreement for all Vestel-produced smart TVs. Simply.TV has migrated Vestel's EPG operations for more than 50 territories with interfaces now powered by rich and consistent metadata.
News categories: Simply.TV, Vestel, Daniel Rühmann, Barış Altınkaya, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
Oct 14, 2021 – Vewd, together with Vestel, has introduced Vewd Operator TV, a full-featured Smart TV with a built-in, content-enriched Pay TV experience, avoiding the need for operators to provide a set-top box.
News categories: Vewd, Vestel, Aneesh Rajaram, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
Oct 12, 2021 – Vestel has launched Red Bull TV on its line-up of Smart TV ranges. The app has been rolled out by Vestel to more than twenty TV brands across Europe, giving viewers front row access to a world that's beyond the ordinary.
News categories: Vestel, Red Bull, Barış Altınkaya, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming
Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
Sep 23, 2021 – DTS (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that Vestel has gained DTS:X certification for their new range of TVs. DTS:X for TV is an immersive audio solution designed for single and dual-core TV SoC architectures.
News categories: DTS, Vestel, Barış Altınkaya, Gabriel Cosgrave, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Vestel rolls out Dolby Atmos on 4K TVs for Europe
Jul 13, 2021 – Vestel is set to bring Dolby Atmos to more TVs across Europe. Vestel has now rolled out the immersive audio technology to the majority of Vestel 4K TV ranges. These include 4K TVs designed under Vestel owned license brands.
News categories: Vestel, Dolby, Barış Altınkaya, Javier Foncilias, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Vestel launches Football Corner app for Smart TVs
May 25, 2021 – Vestel has announced that the Football Corner app, designed with TeraVolt, is now available on all Vestel-manufactured Smart TVs, including those made for brands, such as Hitachi, JVC, Techwood and Telefunken.
News categories: Vestel, TeraVolt, Barış Altınkaya, Tobias Künkel, Tobias Fröhlich, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
Feb 23, 2021 – Vestel is set to bring Twitch to more Smart TVs across Europe. With the app, everyone will be able to browse Twitch channels and watch live streams on any Vestel-manufactured Smart TV produced from June 2018 onwards.
News categories: Vestel, Twitch, Barış Altınkaya, Sajjad Rehman, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming
Samba TV begins Smart TV Privacy Manager rollout with Vestel
Feb 10, 2021 – Samba TV has announced the rollout of its Smart TV Privacy Manager. The Privacy Manager, based on the IAB Transparency and Consent Framework (TCF), is being rolled out to offer consumers privacy controls on Smart TVs.
News categories: Samba TV, Vestel, Ashwin Navin, Barış Altınkaya, Ben Barokas, Leigh Freund, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Samba TV and Vestel optimise picture quality with AI
Jan 6, 2021 – Samba TV and Vestel have announced a partnership to introduce an artificial intelligence (AI) technology, Picture Perfect, that optimizes picture quality in real time for gaming, live sports, movies and more.
News categories: Samba TV, Vestel, Ashwin Navin, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
- Insys Video powers new Olympique Lyonnais OTT streaming service
- Kantar appointed for TV audience measurement in Azerbaijan
- Frontier Communications and YouTube TV announce partnership
- Jamaica's switchover to digital television begins in 2022
- WISI powers multiscreen ABR video service at Cable Bahamas
- InterDigital report details impact of AI/ML on video entertainment
- Vodafone Deutschland expands GigaTV service with Velocix
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Greensboro, NC
- Intertrust ExpressPlay added to Vewd Operator TV ecosystem
- rlaxx TV available for iOS and iPadOS
- NEXTGEN TV launches in Houston, Texas
- Progressive Generation Studios launches PG Kids with OTT from Red Bee
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Charleston, West Virginia
- MediaKind and Arqiva partner on cloud-based fully-managed video service
- AWS powers global rollout and increased personalization of discovery+
- Xandr standardizes video content descriptors on its platform
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service