Digital TV News: Bill Holmes
Comcast to offer Netflix as part of Xfinity packages
Apr 13, 2018 – Comcast and Netflix have announced an expansion of their partnership that will provide Comcast the ability to include a Netflix subscription in new and existing Xfinity packages.
News categories: Comcast, Netflix, Sam Schwartz, Bill Holmes, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Shaw makes binge-watching easier than ever with Netflix on BlueSky TV
Sep 14, 2017 – Shaw Communications and Netflix have announced the launch of Netflix on BlueSky TV, bringing Western Canadians a way to binge-watch their favourite shows and movies. Customers who subscribe to Shaw BlueSky TV, Shaw WideOpen Internet 150 and Netflix can watch shows and movies through one integrated platform.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Netflix, Chris Kucharski, Netflix, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Telenor partners with Netflix across its global customer footprint
Feb 24, 2017 – Telenor and Netflix have agreed a partnership to provide their members in 13 countries with a world class video streaming experience. The agreement covers Telenor Group’s large mobile and fixed line footprint in Asia and Europe.
News categories: Telenor, Netflix, Gunnar Sellæg, Bill Holmes, Digital TV, Norway, OTT
TiVo and Netflix sign product and patent licensing agreements
Nov 28, 2016 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) have announced that they have signed agreements for TiVo to continue integrating Netflix into its set-top boxes, and for Netflix to license TiVo's portfolio of patents.
News categories: TiVo, Netflix, Tom Carson, Bill Holmes, Digital TV, Licensing, OTT, Patent, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Hong Kong's now TV and Netflix announce partnership
Mar 17, 2016 – now TV and Netflix have announced a partnership that will start delivering Netflix to customers in Hong Kong through now TV's set-top boxes and the new 4K all-in-one appliance 'now one' from the second quarter of 2016.
News categories: PCCW, Netflix, now TV, Loke Kheng Tham, Bill Holmes, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
StarHub and Netflix announce partnership
Jan 17, 2016 – StarHub and Netflix have announced a partnership that will bring Netflix, the world's leading Internet TV network, to StarHub’s Fibre TV customers through their set-top boxes by the early second quarter of 2016.
News categories: StarHub, Netflix, Howie Lau, Bill Holmes, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Singapore
Singtel announces tie-up with Netflix
Jan 14, 2016 – Singtel has struck an exclusive tie-up with Netflix to give customers promotional offers to access top quality TV shows and movies on the streaming service. Singtel customers stand to get up to nine months’ worth of complimentary Netflix subscriptions.
News categories: Singtel, Netflix, Yuen Kuan Moon, Bill Holmes, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Singapore
Rogers launches 4K TV and 4K set top box
Oct 5, 2015 – Rogers has announced the launch of 4K ready gigabit internet speeds, a new 4K set top box, Rogers 4K TV and the world's largest commitment to live broadcasting in 4K with HDR. Rogers will also introduce high dynamic range (HDR) in April 2016.
News categories: Rogers, shomi, Netflix, Guy Laurence, Scott Moore, David Asch, Bill Holmes, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Telecom Italia to add Netflix to TIMvision set-top box
Jul 29, 2015 – Telecom Italia and Netflix have announced an agreement to deliver access to Netflix to TIM's customers directly on the TIMvision set-top box, via TIM’s fixed ADSL and Ultra-Broadband (UBB) networks.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Netflix, Marco Patuano, Bill Holmes, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results