Digital TV News: Bitmovin
VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
Jun 22, 2021 – Bitmovin has announced that VuClip has deployed scalable video encoding with Bitmovin on Google Cloud. VuClip delivers on-demand entertainment to over 42 million monthly active users in emerging markets.
News categories: Bitmovin, VuClip, Google Cloud, Stefan Lederer, Praveen Singh, Kip Schauer, Africa, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Middle-East, OTT
Bitmovin supports AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
May 21, 2021 – Bitmovin’s Cloud Connect service enables OTT streaming service providers to encode on their own AWS infrastructure and use Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud Spot Instances to save up to 90% on costs.
News categories: Bitmovin, Amazon Web Service, Crackle, Justin Fujita, Eric Iverson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
Apr 20, 2021 – Bitmovin has raised $25 million in Series C financing. The company will use the investment to drive the continued expansion of its product innovation and technology leadership in the streaming space.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Fergal Mullen, Stefan Kuentz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
Nov 23, 2020 – Bitmovin has partnered with OKAST to deliver live and VoD streaming. Bitmovin’s video player and encoding solutions will enable OKAST’s customers to stream content across a wide range of devices and platforms.
News categories: Bitmovin, OKAST, Stefan Lederer, Cédric Monnier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
Nov 18, 2020 – Bitmovin has incorporated H.266/Versatile Video Coding (VVC) into its encoding solution. Bitmovin is among the first to integrate the codec and does not require device updates or additional licenses.
News categories: Bitmovin, Fraunhofer HHI, Stefan Lederer, Benjamin Bross, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Globo moves to cloud-based encoding with Bitmovin
Nov 10, 2020 – Bitmovin ahs announced that Globo, the largest mass media group in Latin America, has selected Bitmovin Encoding to speed up the delivery of 4K video streams to its digital subscribers.
News categories: Bitmovin, Globo, Lucas Teixeira Stephanou, Stefan Lederer, Igor Macaubas, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Bitmovin releases 2020/2021 Video Developer Report
Sep 30, 2020 – Bitmovin has revealed the results of its fourth annual 'Video Developer Report' showcasing the current state of the video/streaming/OTT industry along with challenges being faced by video developers and the latest trends.
News categories: Bitmovin, Stefan Lederer, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Bitmovin and Teleport Media upgrade streaming capabilities of Okko
Aug 27, 2020 – Bitmovin has partnered with Teleport Media to provide technology to Okko, one of the largest VOD services in Russia. Bitmovin and Teleport Media expertise and tools will allow Okko to upgrade its streaming services.
News categories: Bitmovin, Teleport Media, Okko, Chris Milne, Andrei Klimenko, Yana Bardintseva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Russia
Bitmovin adds Dolby Vision HDR to it transcoding solution
Apr 23, 2020 – Bitmovin has announced support for Dolby Vision, Dolby’s HDR 4K video format. Bitmovin will integrate Dolby’s technology into its transcoding solution to enhance the 4K viewing experience via streaming.
News categories: Bitmovin, Dolby, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
- Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud