Digital TV News: CANAL+ Platform
ADB integrates Netflix on second STB for Canal+ Platforma
Apr 29, 2020 – ADB has completed a second Netflix integration for Canal+ Platforma, on the operator's UltraBOX+ platform supplied by ADB. It follows a December 2019 implementation performed on the first edition of UltraBOX+.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Canal+ Platforma, Jacek Galik, Jarosław Kordalewski, Apps, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
CANAL+ Poland exploring IPO
Jan 31, 2020 – ITI Neovision (CANAL+ Platforma) is working with shareholders and advisors to explore IPO options. Group CANAL+ intends to retain its role as the strategic shareholder of ITI Neovision SA regardless of such a process.
News categories: ITI Neovision, Digital TV, IPO, Poland, Satellite
CANAL+ Poland selects ADB UHD satellite solution
Sep 12, 2019 – ADB has announced that CANAL+ Platform has selected its UHD satellite solution to provide subscribers with advanced TV services in 4K. The solution provides features like multiple recordings, fast channel change and access to multi VOD libraries.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, CANAL+ Platform, Jacek Galik, Jarosław Kordalewski, Digital TV, IBC2021, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box
Canal+ Spain subscribers down another 59,500 in 2Q 2013
Jul 25, 2013 – Grupo Prisa has announced financial results for the first half of 2013. Canal+ Spain's satellite subscribers fell by 88,119 in the first half. Despite this, its market share grew because of higher falls at other operators.
News categories: Grupo PRISA, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain, Subscribers
Telenet announces Full Year 2007 results
Feb 18, 2008 – As of December 31, 2007 Telenet registered a total of 420,000 subscribers to one or more premium television services, comprising 391,000 iDTV subscribers, 25,000 Prime customers and 5,000 customers subscribing to premium content on the former UPC Belgium network.
News categories: Telenet, Earnings Release, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers
Telenet announces First Half 2007 results
Aug 6, 2007 – By the end of the first half of 2007, Telenet (Euronext Brussels: TNET) had a total of 348,000 subscribers taking one or more premium television services, including 309,000 iDTV subscribers, 33,000 Prime customers (on the former Canal+ platform) and 6,000 customers subscribing to premium content on the former UPC Belgium network.
News categories: Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV