Digital TV News: CYTA
Global Listings to provide EPG metadata to Cyta In Cyprus
Feb 4, 2021 – Global Listings has announced that it has won the Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) contract to deliver metadata, images and translations for 100+ channels of the Cytavision subscription TV service in Cyprus.
News categories: Global Listings, Cyta, Thalia Droussioti, Petros Charalambous, Big Data, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming
Irdeto DRM enables expansion of Cyta OTT offering
Oct 1, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide Cyta with its Irdeto Control DRM solution. With multi-DRM support and content usage management, Irdeto Control protects content delivered via PlayReady, Widevine and FairPlay.
News categories: Irdeto, Cyta, Shane McCarthy, Content Protection, Cyprus, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
Cyta selects Verimatrix for its IPTV service
Jul 27, 2020 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that the Cyprus Telecommunications Authority (Cyta) is to secure its IPTV services with the capabilities offered by the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) framework.
News categories: Verimatrix, Cyta, Asaf Ashkenazi, Content Protection, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Watermarking
Forthnet releases 2018 results
Apr 25, 2019 – Forthnet has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2018. Pay TV subscribers, combining retail and wholesale in Greece and Cyprus, remained steady at 478,000. Collection of viewership data from set top boxes has started via a platform from AdScribe.
News categories: Forthnet, AdScribe, Big Data, Cyprus, Digital TV, Greece, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
Vodafone Greece acquires Cyta Telecommunications Hellas S.A.
Jul 11, 2018 – Vodafone has announced that Vodafone Greece has completed the acquisition of CYTA Hellas for a total enterprise value of €118 million. CYTA Hellas is a provider of fixed and mobile telecommunication services in Greece.
News categories: Vodafone, CYTA Hellas, Greece, IPTV, MandA
Cyta Hellas goes live with ADB hybrid HD set-top boxes
Jun 10, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that Cyta Hellas has gone live with 3play, a triple-play solution relying on ADB technologies. The Cytavision pay-TV service features Alcatel-Lucent’s IPTV platform running on ADB’s hybrid HD set-top boxes.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Cyta, Alcatel-Lucent, Christos Kolitsidas, Peter Balchin, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Set Top Box
Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
Dec 9, 2013 – Cyta Hellas, a subsidiary of the Cyprus Telecommunications Authority (Cyta), has announced the launch of its 3play triple play package in Greece. The service, at €19 per month includes broadband, telephony and IPTV.
News categories: Cyta Hellas, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV
CYTA selects Pirelli Broadband Solutions for IPTV Set Top Boxes
Sep 12, 2008 – Pirelli Broadband has announced that it has been selected by the Cyprus Telecommunications Authority (CYTA) to supply its IP100 HDTV IPTV Set Top Box for CYTA's IPTV service.
News categories: Pirelli Broadband, CYTA, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
NDS Declared Global IPTV DRM Leader by Two Independent Analyst Firms
Sep 9, 2008 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it has been ranked by both ABI Research and Current Analysis as the leading content security and Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology vendor worldwide.
News categories: NDS Group, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, IPTV, Market Research, Streaming
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform