Digital TV News: Charles Cerino
New security layer for MoCA home networking
Apr 30, 2019 – Addressing the requests for stronger secured links between networked devices, MoCA has developed MoCASec, a security layer for MoCA links, available for its entire portfolio of specifications. MoCASec enhances network configurations where peer to peer privacy is required.
News categories: MoCA, Wi-Fi Alliance, Charles Cerino, Kevin Robinson, Content Protection, Smart Home, Worldwide
MoCA enters broadband access market
Jun 8, 2016 – MoCA is developing a specification targeting multiple dwelling units (MDUs) called MoCA Access. The specification will be based on the current MoCA 2.0 standard which is capable of 1 Gbps net throughputs.
News categories: MoCA, Charles Cerino, ANGA COM, Broadband, Content Distribution, Fibre, Smart Home, Worldwide
IEEE 1905.1 industry standard moves to product design stage
Jan 9, 2012 – The IEEE 1905.1 Working Group has approved its Hybrid Networking (P1905.1) draft standard. The industry standard combines the mobility of wireless with the performance of wires to enable the next-generation networked home.
News categories: Powerline Alliance, IEEE 1905.1, Blu-ray, Gaming, Gateway, Home Server, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
ST Secures MoCA Certification for Set-Top Box IC, Simplifying Home Multimedia Networking
Nov 22, 2011 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has obtained MoCA® 1.1 certification for its STi7108M video decoder, enabling High-Definition (HD) set-top boxes or digital video recorders (DVRs) to share content and services easily throughout the home.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, DVR, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
MoCA ratifies Next Generation Specification: MoCA 2.0
Jun 15, 2010 – The Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA®), the worldwide standard for home entertainment networking, has ratified its next-generation specification, MoCA 2.0.
News categories: Multimedia over Coax Alliance, Smart Home
MoCA Adds Mid-RF Frequencies To MoCA 1.1 Specification For DBS Operators
Apr 20, 2010 – MoCA has added an extension to its MoCA 1.1 specification for satellite operators. MoCA operating frequencies now cover 500-1500 MHz, from the current 850-1500 MHz range. DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) will be the first to deploy the mid-RF frequencies.
News categories: MoCA, DIRECTV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
MoCA reaches 20 million node milestone
Feb 17, 2009 – The Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA) has achieved another significant milestone with the official recognition that more than 20 million MoCA nodes have been shipped.
News categories: MoCA, Market Research, Smart Home
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools