Digital TV News: Charles Cerino
New security layer for MoCA home networking
Apr 30, 2019 – Addressing the requests for stronger secured links between networked devices, MoCA has developed MoCASec, a security layer for MoCA links, available for its entire portfolio of specifications. MoCASec enhances network configurations where peer to peer privacy is required.
News categories: MoCA, Wi-Fi Alliance, Charles Cerino, Kevin Robinson, Content Protection, Smart Home, Worldwide
MoCA enters broadband access market
Jun 8, 2016 – MoCA is developing a specification targeting multiple dwelling units (MDUs) called MoCA Access. The specification will be based on the current MoCA 2.0 standard which is capable of 1 Gbps net throughputs.
News categories: MoCA, Charles Cerino, ANGA COM, Broadband, Content Distribution, Fibre, Smart Home, Worldwide
IEEE 1905.1 industry standard moves to product design stage
Jan 9, 2012 – The IEEE 1905.1 Working Group has approved its Hybrid Networking (P1905.1) draft standard. The industry standard combines the mobility of wireless with the performance of wires to enable the next-generation networked home.
News categories: Powerline Alliance, IEEE 1905.1, Blu-ray, Gaming, Gateway, Home Server, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
ST Secures MoCA Certification for Set-Top Box IC, Simplifying Home Multimedia Networking
Nov 22, 2011 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has obtained MoCA® 1.1 certification for its STi7108M video decoder, enabling High-Definition (HD) set-top boxes or digital video recorders (DVRs) to share content and services easily throughout the home.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, DVR, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
MoCA ratifies Next Generation Specification: MoCA 2.0
Jun 15, 2010 – The Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA®), the worldwide standard for home entertainment networking, has ratified its next-generation specification, MoCA 2.0.
News categories: Multimedia over Coax Alliance, Smart Home
MoCA Adds Mid-RF Frequencies To MoCA 1.1 Specification For DBS Operators
Apr 20, 2010 – MoCA has added an extension to its MoCA 1.1 specification for satellite operators. MoCA operating frequencies now cover 500-1500 MHz, from the current 850-1500 MHz range. DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) will be the first to deploy the mid-RF frequencies.
News categories: MoCA, DIRECTV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
MoCA reaches 20 million node milestone
Feb 17, 2009 – The Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA) has achieved another significant milestone with the official recognition that more than 20 million MoCA nodes have been shipped.
News categories: MoCA, Market Research, Smart Home
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers