Digital TV News: Comcast
FreeWheel introduces linear addressable solution with AMC Networks
Jun 16, 2022 – FreeWheel has teamed up with AMC Networks to introduce a self-service linear addressable solution. The offering will allow programmers to unlock inventory for monetization purposes as well as provide ease of management for multi-screen campaigns.
News categories: FreeWheel, AMC Networks, Mark McKee, Evan Adlman, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Comcast Advertising finds optimal ad balance between TV and streaming
Jun 9, 2022 – Comcast Advertising has released a report providing a view into the current advertising landscape from the perspective of viewers, buyers and then sellers – culminating in a recommendation for the optimal balance of TV and streaming advertising.
News categories: Comcast Advertising, FreeWheel, Effectv, Marcien Jenckes, Mark McKee, James Rooke, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Comcast Technology Solutions back-end selected by DT for Magenta TV
Jun 6, 2022 – Comcast Technology Solutions has announced that its Cloud TV Suite is being rolled out as the back-end platform for Deutsche Telekom's Magenta TV. Deployments began in Austria and will be phased across other Deutsche Telekom markets throughout 2022.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Deutsche Telekom, Ken Klaer, Pedro Bandeira, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
May 17, 2022 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,955,000 net video subscribers in 1Q 2022, compared to a pro forma net loss of 1,910,000 in 1Q 2021, and 1,960,000 in 1Q 2020.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Comcast Technology Solutions releases SCTE 224-based linear ad insertion solution
May 3, 2022 – Comcast Technology Solutions has launched a linear addressable advertising solution. The solution uses an SCTE 224 standard notification interface to present rich linear metadata to trigger linear addressable ads.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Comcast Advertising, Bart Spriester, Larry Allen, Marija Masalskis, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Tubi expands relationship with Nielsen
Apr 29, 2022 – Tubi has announced that it's working on an expansion of its current integration with Nielsen that will allow for enhanced and comprehensive measurement through Nielsen’s Digital Ad Ratings (DAR) product.
News categories: Tubi, Nielsen, Mark Rotblat, Ameneh Atai, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Comcast cable video subscribers down 512,000 in 1Q 2022
Apr 28, 2022 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended March 31, 2022. In the quarter, cable video customer net losses were 512,000 and at Sky, Total Customer Relationships decreased by 106,000.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Charter and Comcast to build next generation streaming platform together
Apr 27, 2022 – Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) and Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) have announced that the two companies have formed a 50/50 joint venture to develop and offer a next-generation streaming platform on a variety of branded 4K streaming devices and smart TVs.
News categories: Comcast Corporation, Charter Communications, Dave Watson, Tom Rutledge, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Comcast’s Effectv taps Comscore for local TV measurement
Apr 12, 2022 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) and Effectv have announced that Effectv will use Comscore’s audience impression-based measurement product with local advertising clients to deliver an industry measurement solution for marketers.
News categories: Comscore, Effectv, Bill Livek, James Rooke, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA