Digital TV News: Comcast
41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
Aug 7, 2020 – Smart TVs have experienced widespread deployment in Latin America, according to Dataxis. By the end of 2020, there will be 111 million devices installed and SVOD is expected to be available in 109.4 million homes.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
Jul 30, 2020 – Discovery has announced that it will join the On Addressability initiative. The initiative enables Discovery to offer advertisers dynamic ad insertion to audiences across the Charter, Comcast and Cox cable TV footprints.
News categories: Discovery, Spectrum Reach, Comcast Advertising, Cox Media, Keith Kazerman, David Kline, Gina Mingioni, Louis Gump, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
Jul 30, 2020 – Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2020. Total video customer net losses were 477,000. NBCUniversal's recently launched Peacock has 10 million sign-ups to date.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Freewheel integrates NBC Spot On’s OTT inventory
Jul 27, 2020 – The NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division has announced that it has signed a deal with FreeWheel to make it easier for advertisers to access NBC Spot On’s premium inventory, through Freewheel's Strata platform.
News categories: Freewheel, NBC Spot On, Mark McKee, Shawn Makhijani, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
Jul 2, 2020 – According to Dataxis, within a saturating AVOD market, only a few players are standing out in terms of monthly active users: Vudu, Pluto TV, Tubi, and older players such as Hulu, Roku Channel and YouTube.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, OTT, USA
Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
Jun 29, 2020 – Parks Associates reports the churn rate for U.S. OTT services increased from 35% in Q1 2019 to 41% in Q1 2020. During the COVID-19 crisis, more than two in five US broadband households trialed an OTT service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Nason, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Peacock to be available on VIZIO and LG Smart TVs at launch
Jun 24, 2020 – Peacock will be available on VIZIO and LG Smart TVs when it launches on July 15. Peacock will offer a free tier, plus a Peacock Premium service at $4.99 per month - upgradable to ad-free for an extra $5 per month.
News categories: Peacock, NBCUniversal, VIZIO, LG, Maggie McLean Suniewick, Matt Bond, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Peacock to be available on Google platforms at launch
Jun 23, 2020 – Peacock has announced that it will be available on Google platforms and devices including Android, Android TV devices, Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices on July 15, 2020.
News categories: Peacock, NBCUniversal, Google, Maggie McLean Suniewick, Matt Bond, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Nexstar Digital selects FreeWheel to streamline ad purchases
Jun 15, 2020 – Nexstar Digital (Nasdaq: 'NXST') has selected FreeWheel's (Nasdaq: 'CMCSA') Strata platform. The platform provides access to Nexstar’s digital inventory nwith the ability to send orders directly in the Strata workflow.
News categories: Nexstar Digital, FreeWheel, Wil Danielson, Jamie Donnenfeld, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria