Digital TV News: D-Link
Network 10 to provide ID-linked addressable segments to advertisers
May 28, 2019 – Network 10 has announced that from 1 July, it will make available multi-platform, multi-device, data-driven segments on its digital sites 10 Play and 10 Daily. The segments will be backed by 10's own first-party data and boosted by 10's partnership with Lotame.
News categories: Network 10, Rod Prosser, Gareth Tomlin, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming
Smart homes in Europe and North America reached 45 million in 2017
Sep 24, 2018 – According to a research report from Berg Insight, the number of smart homes in Europe and North America reached 45 million in 2017. The most advanced smart home market is North America, having an installed base of 22.3 million smart homes at the end of the year.
News categories: Berg Insight, Martin Bäckman, Europe, Market Research, Smart Home
Frontier Communications signs up to Energy-Efficiency Voluntary Agreements
Nov 27, 2017 – Frontier Communications has joined as a signatory of two voluntary agreements to continue the ongoing improvement of the energy efficiency of its set-top boxes, as well as modems and routers used for broadband Internet services.
News categories: Frontier Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
TeamF1 Networks provides home gateway for Reliance Jio
Mar 1, 2017 – Reliance Jio has built an all-IP network with 4G LTE technology. TeamF1 Networks, a subsidiary of D-Link (India), has announced its partnership with Jio for delivering the home gateway solution.
News categories: TeamF1 Networks, Reliance Jio, Dr. Ted Kuo, India, IPTV, Router
LTE consumer devices market to average 26% growth p.a. until 2020
Dec 3, 2015 – According to a TechSci Research, the global LTE consumer devices market is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 26% during 2015-2020 on account of rising mobile data traffic, growing demand for high speed data connectivity from enterprises and consumers, coupled with increasing research and development activities.
News categories: TechSci Research, Karan Chechi, 5G, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
China’s appetite for broadband fuels growth in CPE market
Sep 23, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has raised its outlook for the broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) market. In its September report, the firm has increased its 2019 worldwide broadband CPE forecast by 8%, to US$12.4 billion.
News categories: IHS Inc, Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, 5G, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Nearly 90 million DOCSIS 3.0 CPE units shipped over last 12 quarters
Jan 6, 2015 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 3Q14 Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. Connected home and multiscreen services continue to proliferate. As a result, an increasing number of video-capable gateways are being shipped globally.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
10% of U.S. broadband households have bought a streaming media device to date in 2014
Dec 2, 2014 – Parks Associates have announced updated streaming media device data showing that 10% of U.S. broadband households purchased one of these devices, either a streaming media player or stick, in the first three quarters of 2014.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, CES2023, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
High-end gateways and STBs crowding out broadband routers
Nov 26, 2014 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest home networking report. The residential gateway and broadband router segments will continue to move in opposite directions as operators provide more advanced WiFi gateways to consumers.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution