Digital TV News: DAZN
European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
Jan 24, 2023 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published its annual report on key AV players in Europe. SVOD stands out as the most concentrated market segment, with the top 3 OTT platforms accounting for 71% of subscriptions.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
Jan 19, 2023 – Amazon and DAZN have agreed a distribution partnership that will see DAZN's sports streaming service available as a Prime Video Channel, initially launching in Spain and Germany, with Japan next and more markets to follow.
News categories: DAZN, Prime Video, Shay Segev, Jay Marine, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Spain, Streaming
DAZN now has 15 million premium paying subscribers
Jan 12, 2023 – DAZN Group has publishes its 2022 Annual Review providing an update on its strategic priorities and critical milestones this year. DAZN is now the largest digital sports broadcaster in Europe.
News categories: DAZN, Shay Segev, Kevin Mayer, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
Nov 28, 2022 – DAZN and Irdeto have joined forces to fight piracy in sports streaming. Their existing partnership has been extended to include Irdeto Anti-Piracy services, and Irdeto has become DAZN's primary multi-DRM provider.
News categories: Irdeto, DAZN, Mark Mulready, Sandeep Tiku, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
Nov 22, 2022 – Foxxum has announced the launch of DAZN in Germany, Italy, and Spain with further territorial expansions following DAZN's rollout plans. Foxxum CTV OS clients will onboard over the next year, following an initial launch on Vestel devices.
News categories: Foxxum, DAZN, Ronny Lutzi, Peter Parmenter, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Italy, Smart TV, Spain, TV OS
DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
Sep 27, 2022 – DAZN Group has announced an agreement to acquire the ELEVEN Group's global sports media businesses. The deal expands DAZN’s capabilities in the live sports streaming sector and establishes DAZN as a global leader in this rapidly evolving space.
News categories: DAZN Group, ELEVEN Group, Shay Segev, Kevin Mayer, Marc Watson, Andrea Radrizzani, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
Asia Pacific online video revenue to grow to $73 billion by 2027
Jul 25, 2022 – Analysis released by Media Partners Asia (MPA) has indicated that total Asia Pacific online video industry revenue will grow by 16% year-on-year in 2022 to reach $49.2 billion. SVOD will contribute 50%; UGC AVOD, 37% and Premium AVOD, 13%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Cout, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
Jun 23, 2022 – Orange TV customers will be able to enjoy sports content provided by DAZN, both on a specific linear channel available on Orange TV STBs, as well as through the DAZN app, also available on STBs, as well as on Smart TVs and mobiles.
News categories: DAZN, Orange, Bosco Aranguren, Nacho García-Legaz, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Spain, Streaming
Telefónica to expand Microsoft collaboration to the consumer market
Feb 28, 2022 – Telefónica has announced the expansion of its partnership with Microsoft to include initiatives in the consumer market. The initiatives contemplate the development and commercialization of new proposals and solutions for the home.
News categories: Telefónica, Microsoft, Chema Alonso, Apps, Digital TV, Latin America, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server