Digital TV News: DW
Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
Jun 6, 2023 – When hosted on Thales' inflight entertainment system, Netskrt's edge CDN will provide content caching for streaming of direct-to-consumer content to seatback screens and personal devices.
News categories: Netskrt, Thales, Sig Luft, Kurt Weidemeyer, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
Jun 7, 2023 – Foxxum has partnered with OTTera to launch apps on its Foxxum CTV OS. The collaboration brings apps such as Party Tyme Karaoke, LAVA and La Bocina Latina, with more to follow, to Foxxum enabled-Smart TVs.
News categories: Foxxum, OTTera, Ronny Lutzi, Stephen L. Hodge, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
Jun 7, 2023 – Taiwan Mobile is using Broadpeak's Origin Packager for live multiscreen video delivery across Asia. The Origin Packager enables Taiwan Mobile to package and protect ABR content delivered to mobile devices.
News categories: Broadpeak, Taiwan Mobile, Jacques Le Mancq, Asia, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Taiwan
tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
Jun 5, 2023 – Apple has announced Apple TV 4K software updates for this fall. With tvOS 17, FaceTime comes to Apple TV 4K, along with other enhancements for a more personalised experience.
News categories: Apple, Bob Borchers, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV OS, Worldwide
VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
Jun 6, 2023 – VIDAA and Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) have announced a partnership to bring Paramount+ to smart TVs powered by VIDAA in Canada and Latin America, including Brazil.
News categories: VIDAA, Paramount+, Nick Ruczaj, Marco Nobili, Apps, Brazil, Canada, Digital TV, Latin America, Smart TV, Streaming
AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
Jun 1, 2023 – According to IDC, global shipments of AR and VR headsets slowed significantly in Q1 2023 as economic conditions worsened and the market cooled compared to pandemic driven highs seen last year.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Digital TV, Hardware, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
Jun 5, 2023 – Apple has unveiled Apple Vision Pro, a spatial computer that blends digital content with the physical world, while allowing users to stay present and connected to others.
News categories: Apple, Tim Cook, Mike Rockwell, Digital TV, Hardware, Metaverse, USA
Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
Jun 1, 2023 – Qvest is providing the European League of Football with a full-service FAST channel playout solution, powering up the American Football experience with its cloud-based product makalu.
News categories: Qvest, European League of Football, Frank Mistol, Zeljko Karajica, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, UK
Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
Jun 5, 2023 – Wyplay has announced the acquisition of iFeelSmart. Wyplay and iFeelSmart have participated in the same video ecosystem for many years and their service offerings are fully complementary.
News categories: Wyplay, iFeelSmart, Jacques Bourgninaud, Shy Shriqui, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart