Digital TV News: Daniel Nordberg
iVideoSmart launches 100 new Vewd-certified apps in 100 days
Oct 15, 2018 – Vewd has announced that Vewd and iVideoSmart have jointly launched more than a 100 new Vewd certified apps. iVideoSmart premium partners such as GMA, Yan News, Cinemania, Bounty Films, Adagio are already live on the platform.
News categories: Vewd, iVideoSmart, Daniel Nordberg, Vincent Martin, Apps, Asia, Digital TV
Vewd enables iVideoSmart partners to launch on smart TV devices
Jun 14, 2018 – Vewd and iVideoSmart have partnered to provide content creators, broadcasters, and publishers with a path to expand their reach through streaming video. iVideoSmart has integrated Vewd Snap, which creates a TV app that works on Vewd enabled devices.
News categories: Vewd, iVideoSmart, Daniel Nordberg, Vincent Martin, Apps, Asia, Content Distribution, Latin America, Mobile, OTT
Zoomin.TV builds streaming video apps with Vewd Snap
May 2, 2018 – Zoomin.TV has announced that Vewd will make Zoomin.TV’s streaming video channels available for Vewd enabled devices. Zoomin.TV used Vewd's Snap app creation and distribution tool to build their apps.
News categories: Vewd, Zoomin.TV, Daniel Nordberg, Jan Riemens, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Ten TV app vendors adopt Vewd certification process
Oct 12, 2017 – Vewd has announced that ten of the world’s top TV app vendors will unite in support of the Vewd ecosystem in a bid to unify the fragmented TV app market. The ten app vendors are Accedo, Cisco, Easel TV, Float Left Interactive, Fractal Media, Massive, Tradecast, TV App Agency, Wizitivi, and 24i.
News categories: Vewd, Accedo, TV App Agency, Easel TV, Daniel Nordberg, Michael Lantz, Bruno Pereira, Joe Foster, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, QoE
Opera TV join forces with JW Player
May 2, 2017 – Opera TV has announced JW Player as its newest Opera TV Snap partner. Together, Opera TV Snap and JW Player will enable JW Players’ over two million supported websites to package online video channels into ready-to-run TV apps.
News categories: Opera TV, JW Player, Daniel Nordberg, Dave Otten, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Zype and Opera TV launch integrated OTT offering
Apr 3, 2017 – Zype and Opera TV have announced the launch of their fully-integrated, end-to-end distribution and monetization solution for video content owners to manage and maximize advertising revenue through the Opera TV Store.
News categories: Zype, Opera, Ed Laczynski, Daniel Nordberg, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
More than 50 sign-up for Opera TV Certification Program
Dec 22, 2016 – Opera TV has announced that its Opera TV Certification Program now has more than 50 content service providers signed up. Participation in the program enables participants to develop and deploy the same HTML5 applications across Opera TV’s certified platforms and devices.
News categories: Opera, Frost & Sullivan, Daniel Nordberg, Avni Rambhia, Apps, CES2020, Digital TV, HTML5, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Opera TV Snap triggers 100 Smart TV apps in record time
Sep 11, 2013 – Opera TV Snap has caused a boom in the number of Smart TV apps. In the two months since launch, with Dailymotion as its first partner, over 100 TV apps have been submitted by Dailymotion content partners using Opera TV Snap.
News categories: Opera Software, Dailymotion, Apps, IBC2019, OTT, Smart TV
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019