Digital TV News: Digital Living Network Alliance
DLNA 4.0 Guidelines now available for download
Jun 29, 2016 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that its latest Guidelines for streaming personal content in the home are now available for download. DLNA 4.0 solves the 'media format not supported' problem between devices while supporting Ultra HD TV content streaming.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Duncan Bees, Digital TV, Smart Home, Worldwide
DLNA announces 3.0 Certification Program and updated Interoperability Guidelines
Aug 18, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that it has expanded the DLNA Certification Program to give CE manufacturers more options for certifying their products based on how they plan to differentiate them in the market.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Donna Moore, Digital TV, Mobile, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
ABI Research study on the role of DLNA's VidiPath
May 14, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has released results from an ABI Research study on the anticipated impact of VidiPath Certified devices for subscription TV service delivery to interoperable devices.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, ABI Research, Scott Lofgren, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Placeshifting, Smart Home, Worldwide
DLNA certifies first wave of products supporting 'Trick Modes'
Feb 3, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that it has certified the first wave of products from its members that support advanced fast-forward, re-wind and frame-by-frame playback capabilities which are now a mandatory feature of DLNA Guidelines.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Scott Lofgren, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home
Elliptic to show CableLabs DLNA CVP-2 reference server at IBC 2014
Sep 11, 2014 – Elliptic Technologies has announced a development with CableLabs of a reference implementation of DLNA's CVP-2 specifications, now under the brand of VidiPath Certification program, using Elliptic's DTCP-IP content protection.
News categories: Elliptic Technologies, CableLabs, Vijay Dube, Tom Lookabough, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Smart Home, USA, Worldwide
Videocon d2h chooses Broadcom for HD Satellite DVR
Jul 21, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Videocon d2h has selected Broadcom's satellite set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) to power their latest high definition USB digital video recorder (DVR)
News categories: Broadcom, Videocon d2h, Daniel Simmons, Anil Khera, Rajiv Kapur, Digital TV, DVR, India, Satellite, Semiconductor
Leaders in digital home solutions collaborate with Linaro on ARM Linux platforms
May 29, 2014 – Linaro, the not-for-profit engineering organization developing open source software for the ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) architecture, has announced the formation of the Linaro Digital Home Group (LHG).
News categories: Linaro, George Grey, Gaming, Gateway, Middleware, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
DLNA releases CVP-2 Guidelines for viewing TV content on home devices
Mar 18, 2014 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has released its CVP-2 Guidelines. The availability of certified devices will enable consumers to enjoy their service providers’ full subscriber experiences on many different screens in the home.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Scott Lofgren, Mark Hess, Steve Necessary, Tom Lookabaugh, Brett L. Sappington, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Amino selects ACCESS DLNA technology
Mar 11, 2014 – ACCESS CO. and Amino have announced that Amino has selected the ACCESS NetFront™ Living Connect DLNA Technology Component to power multiscreen media-sharing across its device portfolio.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Amino, Donald McGarva, Dr. Neale Foster, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Video Exchange, Worldwide
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars