Digital TV News: Digital Living Network Alliance
DLNA 4.0 Guidelines now available for download
Jun 29, 2016 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that its latest Guidelines for streaming personal content in the home are now available for download. DLNA 4.0 solves the 'media format not supported' problem between devices while supporting Ultra HD TV content streaming.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Duncan Bees, Digital TV, Smart Home, Worldwide
DLNA announces 3.0 Certification Program and updated Interoperability Guidelines
Aug 18, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that it has expanded the DLNA Certification Program to give CE manufacturers more options for certifying their products based on how they plan to differentiate them in the market.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Donna Moore, Digital TV, Mobile, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
ABI Research study on the role of DLNA's VidiPath
May 14, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has released results from an ABI Research study on the anticipated impact of VidiPath Certified devices for subscription TV service delivery to interoperable devices.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, ABI Research, Scott Lofgren, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Placeshifting, Smart Home, Worldwide
DLNA certifies first wave of products supporting 'Trick Modes'
Feb 3, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that it has certified the first wave of products from its members that support advanced fast-forward, re-wind and frame-by-frame playback capabilities which are now a mandatory feature of DLNA Guidelines.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Scott Lofgren, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home
Elliptic to show CableLabs DLNA CVP-2 reference server at IBC 2014
Sep 11, 2014 – Elliptic Technologies has announced a development with CableLabs of a reference implementation of DLNA's CVP-2 specifications, now under the brand of VidiPath Certification program, using Elliptic's DTCP-IP content protection.
News categories: Elliptic Technologies, CableLabs, Vijay Dube, Tom Lookabough, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, Smart Home, USA, Worldwide
Videocon d2h chooses Broadcom for HD Satellite DVR
Jul 21, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Videocon d2h has selected Broadcom's satellite set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) to power their latest high definition USB digital video recorder (DVR)
News categories: Broadcom, Videocon d2h, Daniel Simmons, Anil Khera, Rajiv Kapur, Digital TV, DVR, India, Satellite, Semiconductor
Leaders in digital home solutions collaborate with Linaro on ARM Linux platforms
May 29, 2014 – Linaro, the not-for-profit engineering organization developing open source software for the ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) architecture, has announced the formation of the Linaro Digital Home Group (LHG).
News categories: Linaro, George Grey, Gaming, Gateway, Middleware, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
DLNA releases CVP-2 Guidelines for viewing TV content on home devices
Mar 18, 2014 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has released its CVP-2 Guidelines. The availability of certified devices will enable consumers to enjoy their service providers’ full subscriber experiences on many different screens in the home.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Scott Lofgren, Mark Hess, Steve Necessary, Tom Lookabaugh, Brett L. Sappington, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Amino selects ACCESS DLNA technology
Mar 11, 2014 – ACCESS CO. and Amino have announced that Amino has selected the ACCESS NetFront™ Living Connect DLNA Technology Component to power multiscreen media-sharing across its device portfolio.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Amino, Donald McGarva, Dr. Neale Foster, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Video Exchange, Worldwide
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
- Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud