Digital TV News: Digital Living Network Alliance
DLNA 4.0 Guidelines now available for download
Jun 29, 2016 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that its latest Guidelines for streaming personal content in the home are now available for download. DLNA 4.0 solves the 'media format not supported' problem between devices while supporting Ultra HD TV content streaming.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Duncan Bees, Digital TV, Smart Home, Worldwide
DLNA announces 3.0 Certification Program and updated Interoperability Guidelines
Aug 18, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that it has expanded the DLNA Certification Program to give CE manufacturers more options for certifying their products based on how they plan to differentiate them in the market.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Donna Moore, Digital TV, Mobile, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
ABI Research study on the role of DLNA's VidiPath
May 14, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has released results from an ABI Research study on the anticipated impact of VidiPath Certified devices for subscription TV service delivery to interoperable devices.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, ABI Research, Scott Lofgren, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Placeshifting, Smart Home, Worldwide
DLNA certifies first wave of products supporting 'Trick Modes'
Feb 3, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that it has certified the first wave of products from its members that support advanced fast-forward, re-wind and frame-by-frame playback capabilities which are now a mandatory feature of DLNA Guidelines.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Scott Lofgren, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home
Elliptic to show CableLabs DLNA CVP-2 reference server at IBC 2014
Sep 11, 2014 – Elliptic Technologies has announced a development with CableLabs of a reference implementation of DLNA's CVP-2 specifications, now under the brand of VidiPath Certification program, using Elliptic's DTCP-IP content protection.
News categories: Elliptic Technologies, CableLabs, Vijay Dube, Tom Lookabough, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Smart Home, USA, Worldwide
Videocon d2h chooses Broadcom for HD Satellite DVR
Jul 21, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Videocon d2h has selected Broadcom's satellite set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) to power their latest high definition USB digital video recorder (DVR)
News categories: Broadcom, Videocon d2h, Daniel Simmons, Anil Khera, Rajiv Kapur, Digital TV, DVR, India, Satellite, Semiconductor
Leaders in digital home solutions collaborate with Linaro on ARM Linux platforms
May 29, 2014 – Linaro, the not-for-profit engineering organization developing open source software for the ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) architecture, has announced the formation of the Linaro Digital Home Group (LHG).
News categories: Linaro, George Grey, Gaming, Gateway, Middleware, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
DLNA releases CVP-2 Guidelines for viewing TV content on home devices
Mar 18, 2014 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has released its CVP-2 Guidelines. The availability of certified devices will enable consumers to enjoy their service providers’ full subscriber experiences on many different screens in the home.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Scott Lofgren, Mark Hess, Steve Necessary, Tom Lookabaugh, Brett L. Sappington, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Amino selects ACCESS DLNA technology
Mar 11, 2014 – ACCESS CO. and Amino have announced that Amino has selected the ACCESS NetFront™ Living Connect DLNA Technology Component to power multiscreen media-sharing across its device portfolio.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Amino, Donald McGarva, Dr. Neale Foster, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Video Exchange, Worldwide
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028