Digital TV News: Eltrona
Telenet acquires Eltrona's activities in Luxembourg
Dec 21, 2022 – The shareholders of Eltrona and Telenet (Brussels: TNET) have reached an agreement whereby Telenet will acquire all remaining shares of Eltrona, active in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
News categories: Telenet, Eltrona, John Porter, Paul Denzle, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Luxembourg, MandA, Mobile
Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion
Sep 20, 2021 – Eltrona has worked with ocilion to launch TV+, an interactive TV service with replay, integrated video library, fast zapping and recording. The service includes a TV+ app, for viewing on tablets and smartphones.
News categories: ocilion, Eltrona, Hans Kühberger, Paul Denzle, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Luxembourg, UX
Eltrona selects IPTV solution from ocilion
Jun 7, 2021 – Luxembourg's Eltrona has selected an IPTV solution from ocilion. Its customers can now enjoy functions such as replay TV, VOD and recording. The solution includes transmitter packages, 4K STBs, and first and second screen apps.
News categories: ocilion, Eltrona, Hans Kühberger, Paul Denzle, Dr. Nico Binsfeld, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Luxembourg, Set Top Box
Eltrona merges with SFR-Coditel in Luxembourg
Feb 25, 2020 – Eltrona has merged with SFR-Coditel, owned by Telenet (Brussels: TNET). Eltrona shareholders now hold 50% +1 share and Telenet 50% -1 of the merged entity. The deal means that Eltrona becomes a cable operator with coverage of the whole of Luxembourg.
News categories: Eltrona, Telenet, SFR-Coditel, Paul Denzle, John Porter, Cable TV, Digital TV, Luxembourg, MandA
TechniSat Digital and IMAGIN in cooperation
Apr 26, 2010 – TechniSat Digital will supply its Digit HD4 CX CSP set-top box for the IMAGIN service operated by the cable networks of Eltrona Interdiffusion and Nokia Siemens Networks in Luxembourg.
News categories: TechniSat, IMAGIN, Eltrona, Nokia Siemens Networks, Cable TV, Digital TV, Luxembourg, Set Top Box
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion