Digital TV News: Evoca
Xperi brings Vewd cloud-managed UX to Android TV with Evoca
Sep 9, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced the launch of Vewd OpX for Android TV Operator Tier. With this version, Vewd OpX, a cloud-managed STB UX integrating Pay-TV services with OTT content, is made available as a custom launcher and TV app for Android TV Operator Tier STBs.
News categories: Xperi, Evoca, Sascha Prüter, Mitch Weinraub, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
Vewd and AirConsole bring casual gaming to the TV
May 31, 2022 – Vewd and AirConsole have announced a partnership that simplifies the distribution of casual gaming to TVs. The joint solution allows service providers to offer gaming without the need for additional hardware.
News categories: Vewd, AirConsole, Amanda Oleson, Anthony Cliquot, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Worldwide
Evoca integrates Sling TV into Nextgen TV service
May 26, 2022 – Evoca has announced a partnership with SLING TV that allows Evoca users to add SLING to their Evoca subscription. Evoca customers may now add one of SLING's three services to supplement Evoca's 60+ channels.
News categories: Evoca, Sling, Todd Achilles, Apps, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Evoca to launch this month in Traverse City, Michigan
Apr 25, 2022 – Evoca has announced the NextGen TV service will launch in Traverse City, Michigan this May. In partnership with Heritage Broadcasting, area residents will also have access to the regional sports network Michigan Sports Now Plus.
News categories: Evoca, Heritage Broadcasting, 9&10 News, Todd Achilles, Pete Iacobelli, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA
Harmonic adds HDR10+ support to its cloud streaming platform
Apr 21, 2022 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has added support for HDR10+ technology to its VOS 360 cloud streaming platform and XOS software-based advanced media processing solution. The first trial of HDR10+ on VOS360 is underway with Evoca.
News categories: Harmonic, Evoca, HDR10+ Technologies, Shahar Bar, Michael Chase, Bill Mandel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Evoca and partners enhance throughput with ATSC 3.0 cross-polarization
Apr 19, 2022 – Evoca TV has successfully transmitted TV content using the cross-polarization functionality of the ATSC 3.0 standard. Cross-polarization has the potential to dramatically increase the available payload for TV broadcasts.
News categories: Evoca TV, Rohde & Schwarz, ENENSYS, Kathrein, Televes, Todd Achilles, Manfred Reitmeier, Richard Lhermitte, Marc Dunham, Javier Ruano, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
Jan 21, 2022 – Evoca is expanding to bring Altitude Sports and 60 other TV channels to Denver and across the Front Range. In addition, subscribers will have access to Evoca Replay, providing viewers with access to full recordings of games they may have missed.
News categories: Evoca, Altitude Sports, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
Jan 16, 2022 – While Netflix remains the undisputed leading streaming platform, with a 21% share of the US subscription video on demand (SVoD) market in 2021, GlobalData notes that the giant is showing signs of slowing.
News categories: GlobalData, Netflix, Francesca Gregory, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
Sep 23, 2021 – Redbox has signed an agreement with Vewd to pre-load the Redbox app on all new Vewd powered TVs and set-top boxes in the US. The app offers access to movies and TV series from Redbox's TVOD service.
News categories: Redbox, Vewd, Jason Kwong, Amanda Oleson, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution