Digital TV News: Evoca
Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
Sep 23, 2021 – Redbox has signed an agreement with Vewd to pre-load the Redbox app on all new Vewd powered TVs and set-top boxes in the US. The app offers access to movies and TV series from Redbox's TVOD service.
News categories: Redbox, Vewd, Jason Kwong, Amanda Oleson, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Irdeto brings security to Intigral’s Jawwy TV Android TV STBs
Aug 26, 2021 – Irdeto has implemented a range of security and anti-piracy tools and services with Intigral. Intigral's Jawwy TV platform provides OTT services for viewers across the Middle East and North Africa region.
News categories: Irdeto, Intigral, Shane McCarthy, Bill Sharp, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East, Set Top Box, Streaming
Evoca selects CommScope for Android TV ATSC 3.0 set-tops
Aug 25, 2021 – CommScope has been selected by Evoca to provide its subscribers with the latest generation of set-top solutions powered by Android TV with integrated dual multimode ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 tuners.
News categories: CommScope, Evoca, Ken Haase, Todd Achilles, Android TV, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Freeview UK multiplex licences renewed until 2034
Aug 17, 2021 – The government has announced that it is extending the five national multiplex licences for the UK's Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) platform - better known as Freeview - until 2034.
News categories: Freeview, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK
Edge Networks selects Vewd OpX to power Evoca TV
Jul 1, 2021 – Evoca TV has selected Vewd OpX to power the content and UX for its TV service. Vewd OpX is integrated into Evoca's Scout receiver and delivers linear, on-demand, apps and more within an intuitive TV experience.
News categories: Vewd, Evoca, Todd Achilles, Henrik Sten, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Connectivity Standards Alliance announces smart home protocol
May 11, 2021 – The Connectivity Standards Alliance (CSA), formerly known as the Zigbee Alliance, has announced Matter – the interoperable, secure connectivity standard for the future of the smart home.
News categories: Connectivity Standards Alliance, Tobin Richardson, Bruno Vulcano, David Shearer, Jim Kitchen, George Yianni, Samantha Osborne, Alex Yang, Smart Home, Worldwide
ENENSYS powers service quality monitoring at Evoca
Apr 22, 2021 – ENENSYS has announced that it is working with Evoca, an ATSC 3.0-based TV service provider in the U.S., to monitor its content along the video delivery chain, from contribution to RF distribution.
News categories: ENENSYS, Evoca, Carmen Kerloc'h, Todd Achilles, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, USA
Friend MTS and Akamai offer server-side A/B variant watermarking
Apr 22, 2021 – Friend MTS and Akamai are now offering content owners, broadcasters and operators server-side A/B variant watermarking based on Friend MTS ASiD OTT Edge-switched technology and Akamai Access Revocation technology.
News categories: Friend MTS, Akamai, Jonathan Friend, Ian Munford, Digital TV, Streaming, Watermarking, Worldwide
Grupo MÁSMÓVIL to acquire Euskaltel
Mar 28, 2021 – Grupo MÁSMÓVIL has announced the launch of a public acquisition offer (OPA) for 100% of the shares of Euskaltel. MÁSMÓVIL already has agreement from shareholders owning 52.32% of Euskaltel's share capital.
News categories: MásMóvil, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Spain
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV