Digital TV News: Forthnet
Forthnet becomes part of United Group
Nov 24, 2020 – Forthnet has become part of United Group. United Group’s entry into the Greek market is part of its European growth strategy and further cements its position as an industry leader, operating in eight countries across the region.
News categories: United Group, Forthnet, Victoriya Boklag, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Satellite
Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
Sep 21, 2020 – Irdeto has announced a conditional access renewal agreement with Forthnet which includes Irdeto’s Advance Protection Services (APS). APS provides global monitoring for piracy, enhanced security planning and access to secure chipsets.
News categories: Irdeto, Forthnet, Shane McCarthy, Constantinos Kalavas, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
May 29, 2020 – United Group has agreed to acquire the debt and a significant minority interest in Forthnet. The transaction will see United Group acquire all of the company’s loan obligations, the convertible debt and an initial 36% of the company’s shares.
News categories: United Group, Forthnet, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Panos Papadopoulos, Nikos Stathopoulos, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Satellite
Forthnet owners negotiating its sale to United Group
Apr 28, 2020 – Nomura has notified Forthnet of the commencement of exclusive negotiations with United Group on a proposal that United has submitted to the banks NBG, Alpha, Piraeus and Attica Bank aimed at the execution of documents for a transaction.
News categories: Forthnet, United Group, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Satellite
Forthnet releases 2018 results
Apr 25, 2019 – Forthnet has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2018. Pay TV subscribers, combining retail and wholesale in Greece and Cyprus, remained steady at 478,000. Collection of viewership data from set top boxes has started via a platform from AdScribe.
News categories: Forthnet, AdScribe, Big Data, Cyprus, Digital TV, Greece, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
Forthnet deploys Zenterio OS across legacy and next-generation STBs
Sep 12, 2017 – Zenterio has announced that Forthnet has deployed Zenterio OS on STBs for its satellite pay-TV offering. Thanks to the flexible, modular design of Zenterio OS, Forthnet successfully added new services to its legacy boxes, while retaining the look and feel of the existing UI.
News categories: Zenterio, Forthnet, Jörgen Nilsson, Constantinos Moraitis, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2022, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Greece's Nova chooses Harmonic headend for DTH
Mar 3, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Forthnet, the company that owns Nova, the largest pay-TV satellite platform in Greece, has chosen a high-end compression headend with video analytics from Harmonic to support its direct-to-home (DTH) SD/HD service.
News categories: Harmonic, Nova, Forthnet, Ian Graham, Constantinos Moraitis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
Nova Greece exceeds 500,000 pay TV subscribers
Sep 25, 2014 – Greek pay TV provider Nova, part of the Forthnet S.A. group, has announced that it now has more than 500,000 subscribers. Nova started its service by satellite on December 20, 1999.
News categories: Forthnet, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers
Forthnet selects Irdeto to secure DTH offering
Aug 20, 2014 – Irdeto and Nova, the satellite pay TV platform of Forthnet, a leader in the pay TV market in Greece and Cyprus, have announced that they have worked together on the transition to a fully-secured direct-to-home (DTH) base.
News categories: Irdeto, Forthnet, Constantinos Moraitis, Richard Scott, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars