Digital TV News: Frédéric Vincent
CANAL+ DTH goes all-HD with Thomson Video Networks
Jul 15, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that the CANAL+ Group has deployed its ViBE EM4000 HD/SD encoder to power the migration of its entire CANALSAT satellite offering to an all-HD delivery infrastructure based on the H.264 codec.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, CANAL+ Group, Eric Louvet, Frederic Vincent, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Satellite
Wyplay and ST disclose contribution to Canal+ 'Cube S' STB
Jun 30, 2015 – Wyplay and STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) have disclosed their contributions to the development of Canal+ 'Cube S' set-top-box unveiled on June 9th in Paris. The Cube S is a hybrid Internet and DTT set-top box.
News categories: Wyplay, STMicroelectronics, Canal+ Group, Jacques Bourgninaud, Philippe Notton, Frédéric Vincent, Digital TV, France, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
CANAL+ and Technicolor collaborate on 'Cube S' hybrid STB
Jun 10, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced an ongoing collaboration with CANAL+ Group beginning with the launch of the 'Cube S'. Available immediately across France, the Cube S set-top box offers the complete portfolio of Canal+ content in a direct-to-consumer offering for the first time – all in HD.
News categories: Technicolor, CANAL+ Group, Digital TV, France, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
NAGRA enables CANAL+ France to deploy multiscreen TV services on over one million Android devices
Apr 27, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that CANAL+ has deployed multiscreen services on more than one million Android devices in France using NAGRA software. NAGRA's MediaLive Secure Player forms part of the CANAL+ 'MyCanal' app.
News categories: NAGRA, CANAL+ Group, Jean-Michel Puiatti, Frédéric Vincent, Apps, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Media Player, Mobile, Satellite, TV Everywhere, Video Exchange
Canal+ Group deploys Frog by Wyplay software on DTT STBs
Dec 9, 2014 – Canal+ Group has updated DTT Set-Top Boxes with the Frog by Wyplay software. DTT subscribers will now benefit from a new HD HTML5 user interface, access to all CANAL+/CANALSAT OTT channels and a single point of access to the MyCanal portal.
News categories: Wyplay, Canal+ Group, Jacques Bourgninaud, Frederic Vincent, Digital TV, France, HTML5, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
Dec 11, 2013 – Wyplay has announced that Canal+ is in advanced deployment testing using the new software solution co-developed with Wyplay based on the Frog By Wyplay service.
News categories: Wyplay, Canal+ Group, Jacques Bourgninaud, Frédéric Vincent, CES2021, Digital TV, France, Middleware, Set Top Box
Microsoft Raises the Bar for Delivery of Live HD Online Video Using HTTP
Sep 8, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced plans to release IIS Media Services 3.0, which enables delivery of interactive, HD-quality Live Smooth Streaming, along with new tools to simplify the process of delivering online experiences with Silverlight.
News categories: Microsoft Silverlight, Internet Information Services, IBC2020, Media Player, OTT
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding