Digital TV News: Free
24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
Mar 30, 2023 – 24i has partnered with Amagi to offer FAST channel providers a rapid route to launching their own apps and expanding their services to offer AVOD and SVOD alongside their existing live and linear streams.
News categories: Amagi, 24i, SEGI.TV, Baskar Subramanian, Dr. Neale Foster, Edward Sylvan, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
Mar 28, 2023 – Nearly 7 in 10 (69%) TV content viewers in the U.S. use free streaming services at least monthly, a sharp increase from 42% in 2019, according to a recent study from Horowitz.
News categories: Horowitz, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
Mar 28, 2023 – Ad Insertion Platform (AIP) has announced that Eurovision Sport will use its SSAI solution, CDN distribution and ad sales services for the video streaming of its Sport Digital Platform.
News categories: Ad Insertion Platform, Eurovision Sport, Laurent Potesta, Jean-Baptiste Casta, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
Mar 28, 2023 – According to Zattoo's 2023 TV Streaming Report, more and more Swiss people use the internet for TV reception, with high inflation having less impact on streaming subscriptions than expected.
News categories: Zattoo, Jörg Meyer, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Switzerland
Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
Mar 28, 2023 – Canela Media has partnered with Amagi to gain access to Amagi's FAST marketplace, a platform with hundreds of fully monetized FAST channels powered by Amagi's streaming SaaS technology.
News categories: Amagi, Canela Media, Srinivasan KA, Karsten Amlie, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
FreeWheel: FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
Mar 28, 2023 – The H2 2022 FreeWheel Video Marketplace Report (VMR) highlights the changing dynamics of how enterprise-class content owners and distributors are monetising digital video content in the US and Europe.
News categories: FreeWheel, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, USA
Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
Mar 27, 2023 – In 2021, Frontier (NASDAQ: FYBR) announced a partnership with YouTube TV to offer internet and live TV. Now, Frontier is making it more convenient by introducing a single billing option.
News categories: Frontier, YouTube TV, Tony Archibong, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
Mar 23, 2023 – Astro has added ZEE5 and Viu to its Ultra and Ulti Boxes, bringing in more global entertainment to customers' homes and devices, and expanding the number of streaming apps on the platform to ten.
News categories: Astro, ZEE5, Viu, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
Mar 23, 2023 – Television stations serving the Rochester market have began broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes WHAM-TV (ABC), WROC-TV (CBS), WUHF (Fox), and WXXI-TV (PBS).
News categories: BitPath, John Hane, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV