Digital TV News: Fujitsu
Access Advance adds further patent owners
Aug 2, 2022 – Access Advance has announced recent additions to its list of patent owners (i.e., Licensors) participating in the VVC Advance Patent Pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Patent, Worldwide
AR/VR headset demand expected to rebound in 2018
Mar 19, 2018 – Worldwide shipments for augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) headsets will grow to 68.9 million units in 2022 with a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 52.5%, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Tom Mainelli, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
ULDAGE begins satellite UHDTV patent pool licensing
Jul 3, 2017 – ULDAGE has announced the commencement of patent licensing activities under the system of a patent pool that bundles and licenses the patents that are essential to the realization of the UHDTV satellite broadcasting standards.
News categories: ULDAGE, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Satellite, Worldwide
Socionext sampling 4K media playback SoC
May 27, 2015 – Socionext has began sampling its new MN2WS03101A, a single-chip IC for 4K/p60, HEVC and VP9 playback with built-in HDMI-Tx/Rx. The new device is compatible with HEVC Main 10 profile, and supports new copyright protection, HDR and wide color gamut.
News categories: Socionext, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Socionext samples 4K/60p HEVC video encoder IC
Apr 3, 2015 – Socionext has started sampling the world's first HEVC/H.265-compatible encoder IC, the MB86M31, along with an evaluation board, the MB86M31-EVB, and the software development kit for drivers and applications. The new device is capable of real-time encoding of 4K/60p video.
News categories: Socionext, ICs, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MPEG LA expands HEVC license coverage
Mar 19, 2015 – MPEG LA has announced that the coverage of its HEVC Patent Portfolio License has been updated to conform with recent revisions to the HEVC standard as defined in Recommendation ITU-T H.265 v2 (10/2014).
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Fujitsu and Panasonic SoC businesses become Socionext
Mar 2, 2015 – Socionext has announced the start of operations. The organization has completed the consolidation of the system LSI businesses of Fujitsu and Panasonic, and secured an investment from the Development Bank of Japan.
News categories: Socionext, Yasuo Nishiguchi, Amane Inoue, Europe, Japan, MandA, Semiconductor, USA, Worldwide
DLNA certifies first wave of products supporting 'Trick Modes'
Feb 3, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that it has certified the first wave of products from its members that support advanced fast-forward, re-wind and frame-by-frame playback capabilities which are now a mandatory feature of DLNA Guidelines.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Scott Lofgren, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home
MPEG LA offers HEVC patent portfolio license
Sep 29, 2014 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the HEVC Patent Portfolio License. The joint license includes patents that are essential to the High Efficiency Video Coding standard (HEVC, also known as H.265 and MPEG-H Part 2).
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Bill Geary, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC