Digital TV News: Hisense
Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
Feb 2, 2023 – According to AVC Revo, TV shipments by Hisense in December 2022 were 2.326 million, making it number one in the global market that month. For 2022 as a whole, Hisense was second with a share of 12.06%.
News categories: Hisense, AVC Revo, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
Jan 31, 2023 – Six television stations in Boston have launched NEXTGEN TV. The stations are: WUNI (Univision; channel 27); WCVB (ABC; channel 5); WFXT (FOX; channel 25); GBH (PBS; channel 2); WBZ (CBS; channel 4) and WBTS (NBC; channel 10).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Theodore Stoner, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Smart TVs may lose support after only two years, Which? finds
Jan 13, 2023 – Expensive, high-end smart products risk losing features and functionality or posing a security risk after as little as two years because manufacturers are failing to provide vital tech updates, Which? has found.
News categories: Which?, Rocio Concha, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, UK
Initiative to further improve TV energy efficiency in N. America announced
Jan 6, 2023 – The CTA, with leading TV manufacturers, the NRDC and the ACEEE have announced a voluntary agreement aimed at significantly improving the energy efficiency of TVs sold in the United States and Canada.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, NRDC, Douglas Johnson, Joe Vukovich, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Jan 5, 2023 – Miami TV viewers can now experience the future of broadcasting as four stations join together to launch NEXTGEN TV. Viewers have available four OTA channels: WTVJ, WSCV, WFOR and WLTV. WPBT will participate as a test service.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
VIDAA brings Smart TV OS to the U.S. market with Hisense
Jan 6, 2023 – VIDAA has launched its OS in the U.S. market on Hisense Smart TVs following a large-scale deployment in Latin America, completing the global distribution of VIDAA in all major markets.
News categories: VIDAA, Guy Edri, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
24i upgrades Smart TV experience for Israel's KAN
Dec 20, 2022 – 24i has announced that it enabled Israeli Public Broadcaster, KAN, to deploy an upgraded streaming experience on Smart TVs in time for the FIFA World Cup.
News categories: 24i, KAN, Dr. Neale Foster, Tamir Cohen, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Smart TV, Streaming
Six New Orleans television stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 15, 2022 – New Orleans viewers can now find six channels OTA with NEXTGEN TV: WUPL (MyNetwork; channel 54), WWL (CBS, channel 4), WVUE (FOX, channel 8), WDSU (NBC, channel 6), WGNO (ABC, channel 26) and WNOL (CW, channel 38).
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Digital TV
MediaTek, iWedia combined NEXTGEN TV solution available in Q1 2023
Dec 15, 2022 – Pearl TV has announced milestones in the rollout of NEXTGEN TV in the U.S. and the broader ecosystem of partners that enable the deployment of devices and the broadcaster application platform, RUN3TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, MediaTek, iWedia, Anne Schelle, Alfred Chan, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars