Digital TV News: Hyogun Lee
Samsung announces support for HDR10+ on 8K
Sep 4, 2019 – Samsung has announced that it will support the world’s first 8K HDR10+ content, partnering with three European streaming services. CHILI, The Explorers and MEGOGO will adopt 8K HDR10+ along with support for 4K HDR10+.
News categories: Samsung, MEGOGO, Hyogun Lee, Victor Chekanov, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Russia, Smart TV
8K Association formed to help develop 8K ecosystem
Jan 8, 2019 – A group of display technology brands have come together at CES 2019 to form the 8K Association (8KA). The group recently signed an MOU to form the non-profit organization to advance their common vision and mission.
News categories: 8K Association, Hyogun Lee, Dr. Weidong Liu, Chris Larson, WeiLung Liau, Michiko Ogawa, CES, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Samsung enables Remote Access to wireless home devices through the TV
Dec 27, 2018 – Samsung has announced Remote Access. With Remote Access, input devices, including keyboards, can be connected wirelessly to a Samsung Smart TV, making it easier for users to control their on-screen content.
News categories: Samsung, VMware, Hyogun Lee, Shankar Iyer, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Samsung plans HDR10+ certification center with TIRT in China
Dec 23, 2018 – Samsung has announced HDR10+ ecosystem expansion to 45 industry partners and the construction of a new certification center in China. The new partnerships will expand the impact of HDR10+ technology across different market segments.
News categories: Samsung, Hyogun Lee, Irina Grandel, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
TVkey adds forensic watermarking with NexGuard
Sep 18, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced NexGuard as the first forensic watermarking solution approved for use with TVkey. The TVkey USB dongle offers a secure way for pay TV operators to bring advanced services directly to TV sets.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, NexGuard, Maurice Van Riek, Hyogun Lee, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Smart TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
TVkey launches at HD+ in Germany
Mar 6, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced the world’s first commercial deployment of TVkey at German satellite operator HD+. TVkey provides TV-platforms and pay-TV operators with a low-cost route to market for their services.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD PLUS, Pierre Roy, Hyogun Lee, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware