Digital TV News: Hyogun Lee
Samsung announces support for HDR10+ on 8K
Sep 4, 2019 – Samsung has announced that it will support the world’s first 8K HDR10+ content, partnering with three European streaming services. CHILI, The Explorers and MEGOGO will adopt 8K HDR10+ along with support for 4K HDR10+.
News categories: Samsung, MEGOGO, Hyogun Lee, Victor Chekanov, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Russia, Smart TV
8K Association formed to help develop 8K ecosystem
Jan 8, 2019 – A group of display technology brands have come together at CES 2019 to form the 8K Association (8KA). The group recently signed an MOU to form the non-profit organization to advance their common vision and mission.
News categories: 8K Association, Hyogun Lee, Dr. Weidong Liu, Chris Larson, WeiLung Liau, Michiko Ogawa, CES, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Samsung enables Remote Access to wireless home devices through the TV
Dec 27, 2018 – Samsung has announced Remote Access. With Remote Access, input devices, including keyboards, can be connected wirelessly to a Samsung Smart TV, making it easier for users to control their on-screen content.
News categories: Samsung, VMware, Hyogun Lee, Shankar Iyer, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Samsung plans HDR10+ certification center with TIRT in China
Dec 23, 2018 – Samsung has announced HDR10+ ecosystem expansion to 45 industry partners and the construction of a new certification center in China. The new partnerships will expand the impact of HDR10+ technology across different market segments.
News categories: Samsung, Hyogun Lee, Irina Grandel, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
TVkey adds forensic watermarking with NexGuard
Sep 18, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced NexGuard as the first forensic watermarking solution approved for use with TVkey. The TVkey USB dongle offers a secure way for pay TV operators to bring advanced services directly to TV sets.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, NexGuard, Maurice Van Riek, Hyogun Lee, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Smart TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
TVkey launches at HD+ in Germany
Mar 6, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced the world’s first commercial deployment of TVkey at German satellite operator HD+. TVkey provides TV-platforms and pay-TV operators with a low-cost route to market for their services.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD PLUS, Pierre Roy, Hyogun Lee, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption