Digital TV News: ICASA
South African TV households to grow 10% by 2018
Dec 9, 2015 – According to Dataxis, the total number of South African TV households will grow 10% from end-2015 to end-2018 as pay-DTH continues to grow and new pay services using DTT and IPTV come on stream.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, South Africa, Terrestrial
Skyworth's South Africa factory ships first 70,000 set-top boxes
Sep 7, 2015 – Skyworth (000810.SZ) has announced that its factory in Johannesburg - co-owned by local company BUA Africa - has successfully completed its first shipment, delivering a total of 70,000 set-top boxes across South Africa.
News categories: Skyworth, Angélique Boissy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
ZappoTV licenses Media Player applications to Proximus
Sep 2, 2015 – ZappoTV has announced that it has licensed its Media Player applications to Proximus offering its customers access to personal media, select content, and Proximus Cloud using the Proximus SwipeBox.
News categories: ZappoTV, Proximus, Huawei, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Set Top Box
Proximus releases SwipeBox for sharing photos and videos on the TV screen
Aug 28, 2015 – Proximus has announced the launch of its SwipeBox, a device for 'swiping' photos, videos and music to the TV screen via a smartphone or tablet. The SwipeBox box is connected between the Proximus TV decoder and the TV set over HDMI.
News categories: Proximus, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home
South Africa's digital TV transition 18 months from completion
Apr 17, 2015 – Speaking at the Southern African Digital Broadcasting Workshop, South Africa's Minister of Communications said that the country plans to implement its transition to digital broadcasting over the next 18 months.
News categories: Faith Muthambi, Digital TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
Siyaya awarded broadcasting licence in South Africa
Nov 19, 2014 – Motive Television has said that is has been informed by Siyaya Free To Air TV of South Africa that Siyaya has received an official letter from ICASA advising that Siyaya TV has fully met ICASA's licensing terms.
News categories: Motive Television, ICASA, Leonard M Fertig, Regulation, Satellite, South Africa
ICASA issues updated DTT regulations
Aug 22, 2014 – The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) has published regulations related to DTT broadcasting in the country. The purpose of the regulations is to promote diversity and competition as well as prescribe conditions for assignment of multiplex channel capacity.
News categories: Independent Communications Authority of South Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, South Africa, Terrestrial
CenturyLink gives Prism TV customers anywhere access to live TV
Jan 2, 2014 – CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) has announced that it has launched version 3.0 of its Prism™ TV app. This enhanced app allows customers to view TV and video on demand content wherever they are.
News categories: CenturyLink, Shirish Lal, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
Digiturk and Altech Multimedia to launch hybrid HD set-top-box
Sep 17, 2013 – Digiturk has launched a next generation hybrid set-top box developed by its partner Altech Multimedia. The new line of set-tops integrates TeleIDEA's Smartware with Irdeto Conditional Access to secure Digiturk's broadcast content.
News categories: Altech, Digiturk, TeleIDEA, Irdeto, Taylan Özsipahi, Bartolomeo Caputo, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform