Digital TV News: Inview
Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
Feb 23, 2021 – Nigeria has created a Ministerial Task Force to drive the rollout of digital TV across the country. The conversion is to be private-sector driven, without subsidies for set-top-boxes or signal carriage.
News categories: Federal Ministry of Information and Culture, Content Distribution, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
MainConcept HEVC/H.265 SDK supports NVIDIA NVENC encoding
Apr 4, 2018 – NeuLion (TSX:NLN) has announced that its subsidiary MainConcept GmbH is enabling hardware video encoding using NVIDIA NVENC technology in the 9th generation of its MainConcept HEVC/H.265 SDK
News categories: MainConcept, NVIDIA, Deacon Johnson, Bob Pette, Content Distribution, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Inview and Montage LZ offer joint STB middleware and chipset solution
Jan 12, 2018 – Inview and Montage LZ have announced they are collaborating to offer a pre-integrated set-top box middleware and chipset platform for emerging markets. This solution will offer a range of user experiences.
News categories: Inview, Montage, Raza Ansari, YC Lai, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
US military launch MPEG-4 HD STBs with Inview middleware
Dec 4, 2017 – Inview and DigitalGlue have announced the launch of DigitalGlue’s MPEG-4 HD set-top boxes used by the American Forces Network (AFN). Inview’s middleware, integrated on all of the DVB-S2 STBs, provides the user interface for the twin tuner PVR.
News categories: Inview, DigitalGlue, Diego Martinez, Ray Rodriguez, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
NeuLion powers NOVA OTT in Bulgaria
Sep 15, 2017 – NeuLion (TSX:NLN) has announced a partnership with NOVA Broadcasting, a Bulgarian broadcaster, to launch an OTT service. The service – DIEMA XTRA PLAY - will deliver live linear channels and live events to viewers on multiple devices.
News categories: NeuLion, NOVA Broadcasting, Roy Reichbach, Dimitar Radev, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Inview to provide middleware for Ethiopian Digital Switchover
Sep 13, 2017 – Inview Technology has announced that it has been selected by Set-Top Box manufacturers (Tana and Hi-Tech) and endorsed by the Ethiopian Broadcasting Authority (EBA) to be the sole middleware provider for DTT migration in Ethiopia.
News categories: Inview Technology, Ethiopian Broadcasting Authority, Jacques Van Hollebeke, Digital TV, Ethiopia, IBC2022, Middleware, Terrestrial
NeuLion to power Sky Sports Box Office OTT service
Sep 6, 2017 – NeuLion (TSX: NLN) has announced that it is partnering with Sky Sports to power its Sky Sports Box Office OTT service. The NeuLion Digital Platform will power future, live pay-per-view events for Sky Sports Box Office.
News categories: NeuLion, Sky Sports, Roy Reichbach, David Gibbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Streaming, UK
Niger discusses collaboration with Nigeria on digital switch over
Jun 12, 2017 – Nigeria and other ECOWAS Member Countries have agreed to adopt a Common Minimum Standard for Set-Top-Boxes in the Sub-Region, meaning that STBs manufactured in Nigeria can also be available for use in all the ECOWAS Countries.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Digital TV, Niger, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Inview to supply middleware to American Forces Network
May 4, 2017 – Inview Technology has been chosen by DigitalGlue to supply middleware for the American Forces Network’s MPEG-4 HD DVB-S2 set-top boxes. Inview will provide the user interface and DigitalGlue will deliver the headend.
News categories: DigitalGlue, Inview, Ray Rodriguez, Diego Martinez, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028