Digital TV News: James Xie
INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
Nov 14, 2019 – INNOPIA has announced a Netflix integrated, Android TV Hybrid STB platform based on Amlogic silicon and Verimatrix security. The platform meets the security requirements specified by the MovieLabs’ Specifications for Enhanced Content Protection.
News categories: Verimatrix, Amlogic, INNOPIA, Steve Oetegenn, James Xie, HeeWon Park, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
Nov 13, 2019 – Irdeto and Amlogic have launched a set-top box (STB) platform that is pre-certified under the Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid program. Amlogic is an SoC partner and Irdeto is a security partner to Netflix in the Hailstorm Hybrid program.
News categories: Irdeto, Amlogic, Netflix, Steeve Huin, James Xie, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
Nov 12, 2019 – Irdeto has partnered with Amlogic and Skyworth Digital to launch a production-ready hybrid STB reference design under Google’s Android TV program. The solution provides operators with a pre-certified platform that reduces launch time by up to six months.
News categories: Irdeto, Amlogic, Skyworth, Steeve Huin, James Xie, Charlie Zheng, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
Nov 11, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), together with SDMC and Amlogic, has announced that they will collaborate on an Android TV-based solution for pay-TV operators offered as part of the NAGRA Android Fast Track program.
News categories: NAGRA, SDMC, Amlogic, Maurice Van Riek, David Li, James Xie, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amlogic and Vewd introduce turnkey chipset platform for pay TV service
Sep 13, 2019 – Amlogic has partnered with Vewd to pre-integrate Vewd OS on chipsets designed for streaming media players, STBs and connected home devices. The partnership reduces CapEx and time-to-market for manufacturers selecting Amlogic silicon, while giving access to the Vewd OS feature set.
News categories: Vewd, Amlogic, Aneesh Rajaram, James Xie, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Amlogic Android TV STB reference solutions pre-certified by Netflix
Nov 14, 2018 – Amlogic has announced that it has been named an SoC partner in Netflix's Hailstorm program and has achieved pre-certification for its Android TV STB reference solutions. Hailstorm is a Netflix device scaling program based on Android TV.
News categories: Amlogic, James Xie, Android TV, Apps, Asia, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amlogic completes integration of Widevine CAS on Android TV
Nov 9, 2018 – Amlogic has announced that it has integrated Widevine CAS on the Android TV platform. With Amlogic's 4K set-top box (STB) platform running Android 9 Pie, Amlogic's customers can design Android STBs integrated with Widevine CAS to secure premium content.
News categories: Amlogic, Widevine, James Xie, Brian Baker, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amlogic's STB platform achieves Android 9 Pie Ready
Sep 14, 2018 – Amlogic has announced that it has successfully integrated Android 9 Pie into its S905X SoC powered 1G4K Android TV set-top box platform. Along with the integration of Android 9 Pie, the platform has been verified by Google.
News categories: Amlogic, James Xie, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amlogic debuts 4K TV set-top box chipset at BroadcastAsia
Jun 25, 2018 – Amlogic has announced the launch of the Amlogic S905X chipset with support for Netflix, and a 1GB DDR memory configuration designed for use on 4K UHD Android TV set-top boxes.
News categories: Amlogic, James Xie, Android TV, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs