Digital TV News: James Xie
Skyworth and Amlogic unveil RDK Video Accelerator reference STB
Sep 9, 2020 – Skyworth Digital has joined the RDK Video Accelerator program, and unveiled a reference OTT STB that comes pre-integrated with the RDK application framework and the Metrological App Store.
News categories: Skyworth, Amlogic, Charlie Zheng, James Xie, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
Nov 14, 2019 – INNOPIA has announced a Netflix integrated, Android TV Hybrid STB platform based on Amlogic silicon and Verimatrix security. The platform meets the security requirements specified by the MovieLabs’ Specifications for Enhanced Content Protection.
News categories: Verimatrix, Amlogic, INNOPIA, Steve Oetegenn, James Xie, HeeWon Park, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
Nov 13, 2019 – Irdeto and Amlogic have launched a set-top box (STB) platform that is pre-certified under the Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid program. Amlogic is an SoC partner and Irdeto is a security partner to Netflix in the Hailstorm Hybrid program.
News categories: Irdeto, Amlogic, Netflix, Steeve Huin, James Xie, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
Nov 12, 2019 – Irdeto has partnered with Amlogic and Skyworth Digital to launch a production-ready hybrid STB reference design under Google’s Android TV program. The solution provides operators with a pre-certified platform that reduces launch time by up to six months.
News categories: Irdeto, Amlogic, Skyworth, Steeve Huin, James Xie, Charlie Zheng, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
Nov 11, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), together with SDMC and Amlogic, has announced that they will collaborate on an Android TV-based solution for pay-TV operators offered as part of the NAGRA Android Fast Track program.
News categories: NAGRA, SDMC, Amlogic, Maurice Van Riek, David Li, James Xie, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amlogic and Vewd introduce turnkey chipset platform for pay TV service
Sep 13, 2019 – Amlogic has partnered with Vewd to pre-integrate Vewd OS on chipsets designed for streaming media players, STBs and connected home devices. The partnership reduces CapEx and time-to-market for manufacturers selecting Amlogic silicon, while giving access to the Vewd OS feature set.
News categories: Vewd, Amlogic, Aneesh Rajaram, James Xie, Digital TV, HTML5, IBCShowcase, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Amlogic Android TV STB reference solutions pre-certified by Netflix
Nov 14, 2018 – Amlogic has announced that it has been named an SoC partner in Netflix's Hailstorm program and has achieved pre-certification for its Android TV STB reference solutions. Hailstorm is a Netflix device scaling program based on Android TV.
News categories: Amlogic, James Xie, Android TV, Apps, Asia, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amlogic completes integration of Widevine CAS on Android TV
Nov 9, 2018 – Amlogic has announced that it has integrated Widevine CAS on the Android TV platform. With Amlogic's 4K set-top box (STB) platform running Android 9 Pie, Amlogic's customers can design Android STBs integrated with Widevine CAS to secure premium content.
News categories: Amlogic, Widevine, James Xie, Brian Baker, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amlogic's STB platform achieves Android 9 Pie Ready
Sep 14, 2018 – Amlogic has announced that it has successfully integrated Android 9 Pie into its S905X SoC powered 1G4K Android TV set-top box platform. Along with the integration of Android 9 Pie, the platform has been verified by Google.
News categories: Amlogic, James Xie, Android TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024