Digital TV News: MIPS Technologies
iPPea Brings 'Smart' Android Experience to any HDMI-Enabled DTV
Jul 9, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (NASDAQ: MIPS) and iPPea have announced iPPea's new iPPea TV, an Android 4.0 'Ice Cream Sandwich' dongle that brings the 'smart' Android experience to any HDMI-enabled DTV for $50 (U.S.).
News categories: MIPS Technologies, iPPea, Ingenic, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Streaming, USA
MIPS and Broadcom Sign Patent and Technology License Agreement
Jul 3, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has announced that it has entered into a multi-faceted patent and technology license agreement with Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM).
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Broadcom, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
SICMicro Selects MIPS Technologies' Processor IP for New Set-top Box Chip
Apr 17, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (NASDAQ: MIPS) has announced that SICMicro has selected its MIPS32® processor cores for the new generation of its highly-secure decoder SoCs for China's rapidly-growing ABS-S set-top box market.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, SICMicro, China, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Opera TV Now Available for MIPS™ Architecture
Mar 19, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) and Opera Software have teamed to bring the Opera Devices SDK to the MIPS® processor architecture. The Opera TV Store and the Opera TV browser with WebGL™ support are now available for MIPS-Based™ digital home devices.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Opera Software, CCBN, Middleware, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Video Exchange
MIPS Technologies and SiS Continue to Drive Android™ Into the Digital Home
May 31, 2011 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) and Taiwan's Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) have announced that they have collaborated to deliver an optimized Android solution on SiS' new MIPS-Based™ integrated internet TV platform, which is available now.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Silicon Integrated Systems, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
MIPS Technologies' Processor IP Drives New Hybrid Media Player/Set-Top Box Chipset From ALi Corp
Apr 25, 2011 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has announced that Taiwan's ALi Corporation has based its new system-on-chip (SoC), which is targeted at the emerging 'triple play' market, on its MIPS32® 24KEf™ core.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, ALi Corp, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
The Linux Foundation Announces MeeGo TV Working Group
Mar 22, 2011 – The Linux Foundation has announced the formation of the MeeGo™ Smart TV Working Group. The Working Group is designed to help drive the evolution of MeeGo within the TV ecosystem and provide an open framework for industry creativity and innovation.
News categories: MeeGo, Linux Foundation, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
MIPS Technologies Processor Cores to Power Mobile TV Devices from MaxRise
Feb 14, 2011 – MIPS Technologies (NASDAQ: MIPS) has announced that MaxRise Inc., a Macronix International Co., Ltd. Group Company, has licensed its MIPS32® M4K® processor core to develop mobile TV solutions.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, MaxRise, Mobile, MWC22, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
ACCESS Enhances NetFront™ Series to Support Android™ OS for DTVs and Set-Top Boxes
Jan 6, 2011 – ACCESS (TOKYO: 4813) has announced that it has enhanced its NetFront™ series to support the Android™ OS for DTVs and STBs, implementing its NetFront Browser and NetFront™ Living Connect applications on Sigma Designs' (NASDAQ: SIGM) SMP8656 Secure Media Processor™.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Sigma Designs, MIPS Technologies, Android TV, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
- Evoca integrates Sling TV into Nextgen TV service
- Penthera improves streaming quality with intelligent buffering
- Roku and Walmart launch onn. Roku TV models in Canada
- Banijay Rights collaborates with Amagi to go FAST
- Bitcentral streaming solution selected for Rewarded TV
- Bezeq signs distribution agreement for Disney+
- Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
- Gracenote launches Streaming Channels Data
- Mongolia's Univision selects end-to-end solution from Viaccess-Orca
- TV5MONDE expands global reach with Harmonic cloud streaming
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data