Digital TV News: Madeleine Noland
ATSC 3.0 services now live in 66 U.S. markets
Jan 3, 2023 – At CES, the ATSC will be showing receivers that are in development for the U.S. and international markets. New ATSC 3.0 products and services will be shown by Gaian Solutions, Hewlett Packard, Pearl TV and Sinclair Broadcast Group.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
BitRouter completes successful trials of ZapperBox M1 ATSC receiver
Oct 19, 2022 – BitRouter has concluded successful beta trials of its ZapperBox M1 ATSC 3.0 and 1.0 receiver, covering NEXTGEN TV markets in the US as well as Jamaica. The company is shipping the latest version of its ATSC3pak software with each ZapperBox.
News categories: BitRouter, Gopal Miglani, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Jamaica, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
WNET Group plans New York transition to NEXTGEN TV
Feb 1, 2022 – Efforts are underway to launch NEXTGEN TV service in New York City and surrounding areas. The WNET Group's WLIW21 will serve as the host station for ATSC 3.0 broadcasts for the three major PBS member stations in the area: THIRTEEN, WLIW21 and NJ PBS.
News categories: WNET Group, Neal Shapiro, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
Jan 18, 2022 – The ATSC has announced that the SBTVD Forum has recommended to the Brazilian government the selection of several technologies proposed by ATSC for Brazil's next-generation terrestrial digital television standard.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, SBTVD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Skip Pizzi, ATSC 3, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Television Jamaica to launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 24, 2022 – Television Jamaica (TVJ) has been accepted as a full member of ATSC. The membership is one of many moves that the station is undertaking as it embarks on a transition from analogue to the digital ATSC 3.0 transmission.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Television Jamaica, Madeleine Noland, Claire Grant, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Jamaica
ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
Nov 29, 2021 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) has released a new Request for Proposals (RFP) for Broadcast Core Network technologies to enhance the ATSC 3.0 broadcast standard. Initial responses of interest are required by December 31, 2021.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Madeleine Noland, Luke Fay, Ali Dernaika, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
ATSC and TSDSI cooperate on broadcasting standards for mobile
Mar 29, 2021 – ATSC and TSDSI have signed an agreement to enable adoption of ATSC standards for broadcast services on mobiles, in a first step towards the development of next generation broadcasting standards for India.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, TSDSI, Lynn Claudy, Madeleine Noland, N G Subramaniam, Pamela Kumar, ATSC 3, Digital TV, India, Mobile
ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0
Feb 25, 2021 – Immersion Corporation (NASDAQ: IMMR) has announced that the Advanced Television System Committee (ATSC) has published Immersion’s proposal as a Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Immersion Corp, ATSC, Dr. Yeshwant Muthusamy, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA, UX
ARK Multicasting demos last mile edge caching with ATSC 3.0
Oct 6, 2020 – ARK Multicasting has announced a successful pilot of last mile edge caching using ATSC 3.0. The demo showed caching of 4K, HD, and SD video files on a consumer edge device for video on demand.
News categories: ARK Multicasting, ATSC, Comark, Joshua Weiss, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview