Digital TV News: Mark Ely
Simple.TV Launches DVR for the Connected TV World
Jan 9, 2012 – Simple.TV has launched the first DVR designed for the connected TV world. Bringing live and recorded TV to connected devices, Simple.TV turns the iPad, Roku box, Google TV, Boxee Box, or any web browser into a DVR that is accessible from anywhere.
News categories: Simple.TV, CES2022, Digital TV, DVR, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
ViXS Announces Support for RoxioNow on XCode® 4210
Jan 5, 2011 – ViXS Systems has announced support for the RoxioNow® entertainment platform from Sonic Solutions. Support for RoxioNow on ViXS platforms as a pre-integrated solution can significantly reduce the time-to-market for our OEM customers.
News categories: ViXS, Sonic Solutions, Media Player, Semiconductor, Streaming
Sears and Kmart Team with Sonic to Launch Movie Download Service
Dec 28, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC) has announced that RoxioNow™ platform licensee, Sears (NASDAQ:SHLD), has officially launched its online movie download service, Alphaline Entertainment.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Sears, Kmart, Alphaline, Media Player, Middleware, Streaming, USA
MStar Integrates RoxioNow Into Chipset for HDTVs
Sep 14, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced that the RoxioNow™ premium entertainment platform has been selected by MStar Semiconductor for inclusion in its advanced SoC solutions, which will be used in upcoming connected HDTVs.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, MStar Semi, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming
Sonic Solutions and Widevine Team to Expand Mobile Movie Access
Aug 5, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and Widevine have announced that they are collaborating to provide retailers the opportunity to offer movie services on a broad array of mobile devices and smart phones from a range of manufacturers.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, Portable, Streaming
Haier Selects Sonic for Digital Movie Delivery
Jul 13, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced that Haier has chosen the RoxioNow™ platform to provide its customers convenient, trouble-free access to a broad library of Hollywood entertainment.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Haier, Media Player, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
MediaTek Integrates RoxioNow Into Chipset for Blu-ray Disc Players and HDTVs
Jun 29, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) has announced the availability of the RoxioNow™ premium entertainment platform on MediaTek's (TPE: 2454) advanced Blu-ray Disc SoC solutions as well as HDTV solutions.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, MediaTek, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Streaming
Sonic Solutions to Acquire DivX
Jun 2, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) have jointly announced that they have signed a definitive merger agreement for Sonic Solutions to acquire DivX.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, DivX, MandA, Media Player, Streaming
Sonic Announces 'Total 3D' Initiative
Apr 28, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC) has announced a broad program to support the arrival of 3D in the home -- with new professional and consumer solutions for the creation, publishing, and playback of 3D digital video content.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, VR
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil