Digital TV News: Maxis
CSG powers TV experiences at Maxis in Malaysia
Jun 30, 2021 – CSG (NASDAQ: CSGS) has expanded its relationship with Maxis. CSG enabled the launch of Maxis TV 2.0, and is poised to help drive future growth of Maxis' services through the launch of new experiences.
News categories: CSG, Maxis, Ian Watterson, Gokhan Ogut, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming, UX
Astro Malaysia makes Ultra Box available to IPTV customers
May 19, 2020 – Astro Malaysia has announced that its Ultra Box is now available to Astro IPTV customers on fibre. The Ultra experience includes 4K UHD, Cloud Recording and a new user interface that is seamless across device screens.
News categories: Astro, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, UX
Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
Nov 6, 2019 – Maxis has launched Maxis TV, a video entertainment service that offers premium video content that is affordable and flexible for everyone. VOD passes start from RM3/day bundled with data and include content choices that cover all the favourites.
News categories: Maxis, Navin Manian, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming
Viu launches SVOD in Singapore with Singtel
Jul 8, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has launched its premium subscription service in Singapore with Singtel, the largest telecommunications company in Singapore, offering viewers unlimited downloads of their favourite content.
News categories: PCCW Media, Singtel, Janice Lee, Digital TV, Singapore, Streaming
Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
Jun 12, 2013 – Astro has announced results for its first quarter ending 31 January 2014. The quarter saw the number of pay-TV subscribers increase by 40k to 3.32mn (Q4FY13: 3.28mn), while NJOI customers grew by 55k to 264k (Q4FY13: 209k). The total customer base is now 3.58mn.
News categories: Astro, DVR, Malaysia, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Maxis IPTV service with Astro on track to launch end-1Q 2013
Feb 26, 2013 – Malaysia's Maxis has released fourth quarter year 2012 results. After piloting Astro B.yond IPTV with Maxis Home Fibre Internet service in Maxis' own fibre footprint in December 2012, the company plans a full launch at the end of 1Q 2013.
News categories: Maxis, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia, Results
Maxis signs agreements with content partners for IPTV service in Malaysia
Jun 27, 2012 – Maxis has announced its partnership with 14 content providers, securing content for the company's soon-to-be launched IPTV service. Maxis is planning to offer on-demand movies and series, Free-to-Air (FTA) channels, and interactive applications.
News categories: Maxis, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia
Packet One to offer High Speed Broadband services in Malaysia
Oct 13, 2011 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) and Packet One (P1) are joining forces to accelerate the delivery of High Speed Broadband services to Malaysians. The HSBB service will allow P1 to provide IPTV, VoD and other multimedia services in the future.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Packet One, Broadband, Content Distribution, IPTV, Malaysia
Dreampark Provides Front-End TV Middleware Solution to Maxisat, Finland
Sep 9, 2010 – Dreampark has announced that it has provided a front-end middleware solution to Maxisat. Maxisat is the first operator in Finland offering TV and OTT services using a scalable vector graphics (SVG) client allowing for HD user interfaces.
News categories: Dreampark, Maxisat, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, Middleware
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product