Digital TV News: MediaTek
2022, a record year for semiconductors that feels anything but
Mar 2, 2023 – The semiconductor market reached an all-time high in 2022, with revenues hitting $595.7bn, just above 2021's record of $592.8bn. However, the market has declined for four straight quarters making it feel anything but a record year.
News categories: Omdia, Lino Jeng, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Vestel unveils 'Powered by TiVo' Smart TVs at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – TiVo (XPER: NYSE) and Vestel have announced that as part of a multi-country agreement, the first Powered by TiVo smart TVs are expected to ship as early as spring 2023, featuring chipsets from MediaTek.
News categories: Xperi, Vestel, Jon Kirchner, Turan Erdoğan, David Purdy, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Turkey, TV OS
MediaTek, iWedia combined NEXTGEN TV solution available in Q1 2023
Dec 15, 2022 – Pearl TV has announced milestones in the rollout of NEXTGEN TV in the U.S. and the broader ecosystem of partners that enable the deployment of devices and the broadcaster application platform, RUN3TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, MediaTek, iWedia, Anne Schelle, Alfred Chan, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
Semiconductor market begins to shrink
Nov 22, 2022 – The semiconductor market has had an exceptional run of sequential revenue growth during the COVID-pandemic period. Now the market has begun to shrink. 3Q22 semiconductor revenue was down 7% from the previous quarter.
News categories: Omdia, Cliff Leimbach, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MediaTek releases Pentonic 1000 4K 120Hz Smart TV SoC
Nov 11, 2022 – MediaTek has launched the Pentonic 1000, its latest smart TV SoC designed for 4K 120Hz displays. Pentonic 1000 combines a multi-core CPU, dual-core GPU, dedicated AI processing unit and video decoding engines into a single chip.
News categories: MediaTek, Alex Chen, Mathias Bendull, Digital TV, ICs, Smart TV, Worldwide
Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
Sep 22, 2022 – The second quarter of 2022 was the third consecutive quarter of weakening revenue growth for the semiconductor market, with the market now in decline according to Omdia’s Competitive Landscape Tracker.
News categories: Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
Sep 16, 2022 – Vestel has announced the launch of its 97XX series of 4K UHD set-top boxes. The series was created to deliver a home entertainment experience from within an ultra-compact, minimalist design.
News categories: Vestel, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Irdeto and Twise announce CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM solution
Sep 14, 2022 – Irdeto and Twise have announced that they have combined Irdeto Cloaked CA technology with the Twise CI Plus stack on a Mediatek chipset. The pre-integrated and pre-certified solution enables manufacturers to produce a USB CAM in record time.
News categories: Irdeto, Twise, Peter Oggel, Stéphanie Bizouerne, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor
Ukrainian brand KIVI introduces Smart TV lineup
Sep 6, 2022 – KIVI introduced its new Smart TV product line at IFA Berlin. The series includes models from 24" to 65" with different resolutions in a frameless design. The design is a result of work done by KIVI's own R&D center and three international design offices.
News categories: KIVI, Android TV, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Hungary, IFABerlin, Poland, Romania, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania