Digital TV News: MediaTek
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
Jan 19, 2022 – GLobal semiconductor revenue increased 25.1% in 2021 to total $583.5 billion, crossing the $500 billion threshold for the first time, according to Gartner. Samsung regained the top spot from Intel for the first time since 2018.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
NEXTGEN TV coalition highlights industry momentum at CES
Jan 5, 2022 – The coalition of U.S. broadcasters transitioning to NEXTGEN TV has applauded the plans announced during CES 2022 by Hisense and MediaTek, and new field test data recently achieved by Sony at the 'Motown 3.0 Open Test Track' in Detroit.
News categories: Pearl TV, MediaTek, Hisense, Sony Electronics, Anne Schelle, Alfred Chan, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
Foxxum CTV OS launches with El Araby Group on Mediatek SoCs
Jan 4, 2022 – Foxxum has announced El Araby is the first client for its Foxxum CTV OS on MediaTek chipsets. Foxxum CTV OS will be available on El Araby’s smart TV devices as an additional option to their pre-existing TV line-up.
News categories: Foxxum, El Araby, Mehmet Eroglu, Dirk Wittenborg, Mohamed Negmeldin, Digital TV, Egypt, Middleware, Smart TV
ocilion launches 5th generation set-top box family
Dec 14, 2021 – ocilion has developed and launched its fifth generation set-top box. The P500 family builds on the P400 series with a new chipset and further optimisations for better performance. All five models are based on MediaTek's 5251 SoC.
News categories: ocilion, Hans Kühberger, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
Nov 22, 2021 – MediaTek (TWSE:2454) and TSMC (TWSE:2330, NYSE:TSM) have unveiled the world’s first 7-nanometer 8K digital TV SoC, the MediaTek Pentonic 2000. The MediaTek Pentonic 2000 is built with TSMC’s N7 advanced process technology.
News categories: MediaTek, TSMC, Dr. Mike Chang, Dr. Kevin Zhang, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Taiwan, Worldwide
MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
Nov 19, 2021 – MediaTek has unveiled its Pentonic smart TV family with the introduction of the Pentonic 2000, which will power next generation 8K TVs. The Pentonic series is built on MediaTek's technologies in display, audio, AI, broadcasting and connectivity.
News categories: MediaTek, Dr. Mike Chang, Digital TV, ICs, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
Oct 21, 2021 – MediaTek’s Autus I20 (MT2712) chipset has been selected to power Vewd for Automotive, a white-labeled, cloud-managed content aggregation and monetization solution for in-vehicle infotainment.
News categories: Vewd, MediaTek, Aneesh Rajaram, PC Tseng, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Streaming, Worldwide
Amazon-built TVs launched in the U.S.
Sep 9, 2021 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced a new lineup of Fire TV devices with its first-ever Amazon-built smart TVs, the Amazon Fire TV Omni Series and 4-Series smart TVs, and the all-new Fire TV Stick 4K Max.
News categories: Amazon, Daniel Rausch, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
DTVKit releases Hybrid White Label RDK set-top box
Sep 8, 2021 – To enable OEMs and smaller satellite operators to test and evaluate RDK, DTVKit has collaborated with its members, including RDK, Mediatek, EKT and OBS, to develop a Hybrid White Label set-top box.
News categories: DTVKit, RDK Management, Phil Evans, Jason Briggs, Paul Martin, Winson Hsu, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 373,000 in 4Q 2021
- Swedish standalone SVOD revenues hit new record in 2021
- castLabs and Lemonade.TV+ work together on DRM and video playback
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Canada
- Claro video comes to ZEASN-powered smart TVs in Latin America
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021