Digital TV News: MediaTek
MediaTek releases Pentonic 1000 4K 120Hz Smart TV SoC
Nov 11, 2022 – MediaTek has launched the Pentonic 1000, its latest smart TV SoC designed for 4K 120Hz displays. Pentonic 1000 combines a multi-core CPU, dual-core GPU, dedicated AI processing unit and video decoding engines into a single chip.
News categories: MediaTek, Alex Chen, Mathias Bendull, Digital TV, ICs, Smart TV, Worldwide
Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
Sep 22, 2022 – The second quarter of 2022 was the third consecutive quarter of weakening revenue growth for the semiconductor market, with the market now in decline according to Omdia’s Competitive Landscape Tracker.
News categories: Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
Sep 16, 2022 – Vestel has announced the launch of its 97XX series of 4K UHD set-top boxes. The series was created to deliver a home entertainment experience from within an ultra-compact, minimalist design.
News categories: Vestel, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box
Irdeto and Twise announce CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM solution
Sep 14, 2022 – Irdeto and Twise have announced that they have combined Irdeto Cloaked CA technology with the Twise CI Plus stack on a Mediatek chipset. The pre-integrated and pre-certified solution enables manufacturers to produce a USB CAM in record time.
News categories: Irdeto, Twise, Peter Oggel, Stéphanie Bizouerne, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor
Ukrainian brand KIVI introduces Smart TV lineup
Sep 6, 2022 – KIVI introduced its new Smart TV product line at IFA Berlin. The series includes models from 24" to 65" with different resolutions in a frameless design. The design is a result of work done by KIVI's own R&D center and three international design offices.
News categories: KIVI, Android TV, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Hungary, IFABerlin, Poland, Romania, Smart TV
RT-RK announces digital TV receiver for the car
Sep 6, 2022 – RT-RK has announced a novel approach to digital TV reception in the car. The solution relies on the car's network tuner feeding transport streams to the IVI unit for processing in software. A digital TV antenna remains the only additional hardware required.
News categories: RT-RK, Nikola Teslic, Digital TV, IBC2022, In-Car, Terrestrial, Worldwide
MediaTek launches Pentonic 700 chipset for 120Hz 4K Smart TVs
Aug 18, 2022 – MediaTek has announced its Pentonic 700, a smart TV SoC that integrates AI-powered picture quality enhancements, support for Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail, 4K120 MEMC and TCON, and gaming optimizations.
News categories: MediaTek, Alex Chen, Digital TV, ICs, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
Aug 18, 2022 – MediaTek has integrated MPEG-H Audio from Fraunhofer into its Smart TV chips. With native support for MPEG-H Audio, Mediatek's Pentonic 2000 becomes the first TV platform adhering to Brazil's Next Generation broadcast system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, MediaTek, Adrian Murtaza, Alfred Chan, Luiz Fausto, Brazil, Digital TV, IBC2022, SBTVD, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
May 10, 2022 – M7 Group will integrate its TV platforms into smart TVs, enabling direct access by viewers without a set-top box, HDMI stick or other additional reception device, with the user interface appearing in the platforms’ branded design.
News categories: M7 Group, TP Vision, MediaTek, Hans Troelstra, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV