Digital TV News: Michael Hawkey
Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
Oct 22, 2020 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that Foxtel has chosen TiVo to provide natural language, voice-based search for its subscribers in Australia. The solution usess machine-learning to refine the experience.
News categories: TiVo, Foxtel, Michael Hawkey, Nick Dandy, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX
Atlantic Broadband launches TiVo UX with VOD by SeaChange
Jul 30, 2018 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that it has launched the new TiVo Experience 4 combined with IP-based Video On Demand (VOD). In conjunction with the launch, the company has introduced an IP-based VOD platform powered by SeaChange.
News categories: Seachange, Atlantic Broadband, TiVo, Mark Tubinis, Heather McCallion, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
TDS Telecom Selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
Jul 17, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and TDS Telecom (TDS) have announced that TDS has chosen TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform to bring entertainment to TDS’ customers. TDS will roll out the TiVo-powered video solution in both cable and wireline service areas.
News categories: TiVo Inc, TDS Telecom, Nokia, Michael Hawkey, Julie Maiers, Scott Cohen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, UX
Mediacom extends licensing agreement with TiVo
Apr 10, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has renewed its product and patent portfolio license agreement with Mediacom. The extension provides Mediacom with access to products including the TiVo Gateway DVR, TiVo Mini, classic guides, analytics and IP.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Mediacom, Michael Hawkey, John Pascarelli, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Licensing, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Sharp and TiVo extend interactive program guide deal
Mar 6, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Sharp will further utilize TiVo’s G-Guide HTML across Sharp 4K smart TVs and Ultra HD Blu-ray recorders in Japan, TiVo’s G-Guide xD app and remote schedule recording service for its Blu-ray recorders.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Sharp Corp, Michael Hawkey, Big Data, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Japan, Smart TV, UX
Service Electric Cablevision selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
Feb 13, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Service Electric Cablevision, serving internet, TV, phone residential and commercial services to Pennsylvania, has chosen TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform to bring entertainment to its customers.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Service Electric, Michael Hawkey, Scott Young, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo introduces cloud-powered TV platform
Jan 4, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the launch of TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform. The portfolio of products is supported by a cloud-based, unified backend and powered by the ultimate entertainment user experience - one that is simple, smart, and elegant.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Michael Hawkey, Brett Sappington, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Millicom deploys TiVo UX platform in Colombia
Nov 2, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Millicom has selected TiVo’s user experience platform to bring entertainment experiences to customers in Latin America. The Tigo ONE TV service is initially available to Millicom subscribers in Colombia.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Millicom, Michael Hawkey, Luciano Marino, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Set Top Box, UX
TiVo extends G-Guide and IP licensing with J:COM
Oct 31, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Jupiter Telecommunications (J:COM), one of Japan’s largest cable television operators, has signed a multi-year license renewal for TiVo’s G-Guide and intellectual property (IP) across Japan.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Jupiter Telecommunications, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Japan, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, UX
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022