Digital TV News: NAGRA
SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
Apr 14, 2021 – SITI Networks has selected NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) cardless content security for its forthcoming Android TV STB launch. Th deployment represents NAGRA's first Android TV project in India based on Google MediaCAS.
News categories: NAGRA, SITI Networks, Stephane Le Dreau, Suresh Sethiya, Android TV, Apps, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
Jan 12, 2021 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that SK Broadband has selected NAGRA’s NexGuard forensic watermarking technology to protect the operator's premium content on a wide range of IPTV set-top boxes.
News categories: NAGRA, SK Broadband, Stéphane Le Dréau, SangBum Lee, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box, Watermarking
SmarDTV partners with tivù to launch CI-based TV-Stick
Nov 17, 2020 – SmarDTV Global has unveiled its latest device - the TV-Stick. The TV-Stick, based on DVB-CI Plus 2.0., integrates NAGRA content protection and is able to descramble live channels from tivù, the Italian satellite operator.
News categories: SmarDTV Global, NAGRA, tivù, Erik Gazzoni, Thierry Legrand, Fabrizio Lega, CAM, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite
M7 selects NAGRA content protection
Nov 4, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Canal+ Group has selected NAGRA content protection to secure the pay TV services of M7, the satellite operator it acquired in 2019, across new and legacy set-top boxes.
News categories: NAGRA, Canal+ Group, M7 Group, Thierry LeGrand, Jérôme Trift, Austria, Belgium, Content Protection, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia
FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
Sep 16, 2020 – The International Hockey Federation (FIH) and NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) have announced the launch of 'Watch.Hockey', a fan engagement app. The app is powered by NAGRA's 'sports-as-a-service' platform.
News categories: NAGRA, FIH, Jean-Luc Jezouin, Thierry Weil, Apps, Digital TV, Worldwide
Serverless computing added to Limelight Edge Platform
Sep 8, 2020 – Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) has expanded its edge capabilities by launching EdgeFunctions, a serverless compute service which allows developers to tap into the power of the company’s global network and gives them the flexibility to deploy and run their own code.
News categories: Limelight, NAGRA, Bob Lento, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Dave McCarthy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
Aug 6, 2020 – Digital Citizens Alliance and NAGRA have released a report showing how illegal piracy subscription services in the U.S has grown into a billion-dollar industry providing TV to at least nine million U.S. households.
News categories: Digital Citizens Alliance, NAGRA, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
Aug 4, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Grupo Express has selected NAGRA to enable NOW Express, a multiscreen OTT streaming service for its set-top box and mobile customers in Argentina.
News categories: NAGRA, Grupo Express, Bold MSS, Xavier Fustagueras, Gabriel Forenza, Ariel Droyeski, Argentina, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
Jun 30, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced API integration of NexGuard forensic watermarking into AWS Elemental MediaConvert, a file-based video transcoding service with broadcast-grade features from Amazon Web Services (AWS).
News categories: NAGRA, AWS Elemental, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product