Digital TV News: NDS
TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
Sep 21, 2020 – Display panel prices exhibited a remarkable QoQ increase in 3Q20, a rare occurrence in recent years, according to TrendForce. Owing to shortages, certain panel prices may increase by as much as 10% QoQ in 4Q20.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
Sep 21, 2020 – Anevia and Viaccess-Orca have announced the launch of an OTT TV platform in Bogotá with TV Red Digital. TV Red Digital will operate the platform as a white-label OTT TV resource available to Colombian ISPs.
News categories: Anevia, Viaccess-Orca, Grégory Samson, Carlos Ramos, Days Velazco, Colombia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV
Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
Sep 21, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that Azam TV has completed the migration of its video platform from EUTELSAT 7B to EUTELSAT 7C, with a multi-year extension of the existing contract and an incremental capacity commitment.
News categories: Eutelsat, Azam, Patrice Paquot, Jacob Joseph, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Tanzania
Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
Sep 21, 2020 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced that it has expanded its TV measurement footprint with Samba TV. The launch of international Smart TV measurement capabilities will begin in select European markets.
News categories: Comscore, Samba TV, Bill Livek, Ashwin Navin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden
Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
Sep 21, 2020 – The Strategy Committee of HoldCo and the Board of Directors of iliad have approved the launch of a public tender offer for all of the shares making up the capital of the Polish telecom operator, Play.
News categories: iliad, Play, Thomas Reynaud, Jean-Marc Harion, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Poland
MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
Sep 17, 2020 – You.i TV has launched a new generation of its You.i Engine One product, with MediaKind as an initial deployment partner. With You.i Engine One 6.0, MediaKind's customers will be able to offer more engaging user experiences.
News categories: You.i TV, MediaKind, Jason Flick, Allen Broome, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
Sep 17, 2020 – TVSquared and Blockgraph have combined TVSquared's measurement of reach and frequency with Blockgraph's audience insights and authentication platform, to make cross-channel measurement and identity resolution a reality.
News categories: TVSquared, Blockgraph, Jo Kinsella, Jason Manningham, Digital TV
GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
Sep 17, 2020 – ATEME has announced that GTPL KCBPL has chosen to implement ATEME’s TITAN Live solution for its cable TV and OTT platform. ATEME’s TITAN Live is being used to encode and transcode channel video headends.
News categories: ATEME, GTPL KCBPL, Michel Artieres, Bijoy Agarwal, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
Sep 16, 2020 – BrightLine has announced BrightLink, a CTV platform and portal that delivers monetization tools and ad capabilities for OTT TV providers. BrightLink is a unification and expansion of the company's supply-side TV services suite.
News categories: BrightLine, Jacqueline Corbelli, Rob Aksman, Jennifer Gardner, Advertising, Big Data, OTT, USA, Worldwide
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers