Digital TV News: NTV-Plus
NTV-PLUS concludes contracts on two satellites with Eutelsat
Apr 3, 2017 – NTV-PLUS has consolidated its coverage across Siberia and extended broadcasting into the country’s Far East following the conclusion of contracts on two satellites with Eutelsat (NYSE Euronext: ETL).
News categories: Eutelsat, NTV-Plus, Rodolphe Belmer, Mikhail Demin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
Russia's NTV-Plus to move completely to MPEG-4
Feb 8, 2016 – Russian satellite TV operator NTV-Plus has announced that it plans to convert all of its remaining MPEG-2 channels to MPEG-4. The transition will occur between the 3rd of March and the 25th of June this year.
News categories: NTV-Plus, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Russia's pay TV to grow to 45.3 million subscribers in 2018
Sep 24, 2014 – J'son & Partners Consulting has released figures for pay TV in Russia to the end of the first half of 2014 with forecasts of the market's development to 2018.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Aston partners with Viaccess in the MENA region for Embedded CAS and HbbTV
Mar 12, 2013 – CableLabs® has announced the launch of NetworkFX™, the first subsidiary of CableLabs. Built on 12 years of management of the cable industry's public key infrastructure (PKI), NetworkFX is an online trust management company that enables secure broadband connections for networked devices.
News categories: Aston, Viaccess, Africa, CABSAT, Conditional Access, Content Protection, HbbTV, Middle-East, Set Top Box
NTV-PLUS adds Amino devices to approved STB list for IPTV
Sep 8, 2011 – Russian satellite TV provider NTV-PLUS has added Amino (LSE: AMO) to its list of recommended set-top box suppliers in the framework of the IPTV project development schedule.
News categories: Amino, NTV-PLUS, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Russia, Set Top Box
NTV-PLUS Adds Verimatrix Software-Based Security to IPTV Wholesale System in Russia
May 4, 2011 – Verimatrix has announced that the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV will be deployed on the NTV-PLUS wholesale network to secure video for the 'IPTV NTV-PLUS' service via local broadband network operators.
News categories: Verimatrix, NTV-PLUS, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Satellite
Viaccess Provides Advanced Content Protection and Rights Management as Russia's NTV-PLUS Enters the IPTV Market
Mar 16, 2011 – Viaccess (Paris: FTE; NYSE: FTE) has announced that it is providing its scalable and flexible advanced content protection and rights management solution to NTV-PLUS as the satellite provider enters the IPTV market.
News categories: Viaccess, NTV-PLUS, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, Russia
NTV-PLUS and SmartLabs Launch a New IPTV Project for Broadband Operators
Feb 15, 2011 – SmartLabs and NTV-Plus have announced the launch of 'IPTV NTV-Plus' for IPTV in broadband networks. SmartLabs provides operators with client applications and a centralized management system. NTV-Plus provides access to premium TV content.
News categories: SmartLabs, NTV-Plus, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware
Russia's NTV-Plus looking for IPTV partners
Feb 8, 2011 – Russian satellite operator, NTV-Plus, is planning to launch an IPTV service this year, and has announced that it is looking for partners to participate in the project.
News categories: NTV-Plus, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Russia, Set Top Box
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire