Digital TV News: Net1
United Group to acquire Bulgarian operators Net1 and ComNet Sofia
Feb 12, 2021 – United Group is to acquire 100% of the share capital of the Bulgarian operators Net1 and ComNet Sofia. The deal is being carried out as an add-on acquisition by Vivacom, United's Bulgarian operator.
News categories: United Group, Net1, ComNet Sofia, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Fibre, MandA
Optibase EZ TV System Enhances its Support of Amino IP Set-Top-Boxes
Apr 14, 2009 – Optibase (NASDAQ:OBAS) and Amino Communications (AIM:AMO) have partnered to integrate the Optibase EZ TV System with Amino AmiNET™ set-top boxes (STB), allowing EZ TV users to access the system's content on TV in addition to PCs and Mac systems.
News categories: Optibase, Amino, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, Streaming
Amino Passes Milestone of 2 Million Units Sold Globally
Feb 2, 2009 – Amino Communications has announced that it has sold its two millionth AmiNET™ set-top box (STB).
News categories: Amino, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Amino confirms Minerva double stamp of approval
Sep 15, 2008 – Amino (London AIM: AMO) is pleased to confirm that both its AmiNET125 and AmiNET130 Set-Top Box products have been certified by Minerva Networks.
News categories: Amino, Minerva Networks, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Amino develops Plug-In PVR technology for its IPTV Set-Top Boxes (STBs)
Sep 12, 2008 – Plug-In PVR from Amino Communications (LSE:AMO) simplifies installation and maintenance as the user can easily attach or replace the USB drive of their existing STB. The cost is only incurred when users are ready to upgrade to PVR.
News categories: Amino, DVR, IBC2022, IPTV, Set Top Box
Amino signs agreement for complete end to end solution with major global system integrator
Sep 12, 2008 – Amino Communications (LSE: AMO) has signed a Global Cooperation Agreement with Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC). The agreement extends Amino's global market reach by offering a solution 100% compatible with the most widely deployed IPTV STBs in the market.
News categories: Amino, Ericsson, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box
Amino secures Estonia MPEG-4 HD PVR agreement
Sep 12, 2008 – Amino Technologies (LSE: AMO) has signed an agreement that will see Estonia's Elion use Amino's AmiNET530 Set-Top Box to offer premium services to its consumer and business IPTV subscribers.
News categories: Amino, Elion, Digital TV, DVR, Estonia, IPTV, Set Top Box
Harmonic to Debut Internet and Mobile TV Solution Integrated with Leading Set-Top Boxes and Mobile Devices
Sep 8, 2008 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ:HLIT) will demonstrate an innovative and versatile new solution for delivery of video content over the Internet ('over-the-top') to a variety of devices, including TV sets, PCs, personal media players and mobile devices.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Content Distribution, IBC2022, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
Amino Introduces First 100% Digital, High Definition (HD) IPTV Set-Top Box (STB) at NXTcomm08
Jun 17, 2008 – Amino (LSE: AMO) has launched the AmiNET130M, the market's first 100% digital HD IPTV STB, at NXTcomm. With HDMI as the only available method of connection to the TV, the AmiNET130M is cheaper and simpler to install than other HD IPTV STBs.
News categories: Amino, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data