Digital TV News: Nicholas Dunn
Broadcom powers D-Smart Digital Channel Stacker
Sep 24, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that D-Smart has started volume production of a Digital Channel Stacker based on Broadcom's satellite Out Door Unit (ODU) chip. Broadcom's BCM4554 supports up to 32 set-top boxes on a single coaxial cable.
News categories: Broadcom, D-Smart, Nicholas Dunn, Erdogan Simsek, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Turkey, Worldwide
Broadcom satellite STB SoC integrates Full Band Capture
Jun 9, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a satellite set-top box SoC, the BCM45308, that integrates Full Band Capture (FBC) technology to provide operators with more efficient video and IP service distribution to connected devices throughout the home.
News categories: Broadcom, Nicholas Dunn, ANGA COM, Digital TV, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom expands low-power ODU satellite device portfolio
Jan 5, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a new low-power satellite device in its Outdoor Unit (ODU) portfolio. The BCM4554 addresses consumer demand for satellite services with support for North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific regions.
News categories: Broadcom, Nicholas Dunn, Asia, CES2022, Europe, ICs, LNB, North America, Satellite, Semiconductor
Broadcom introduces first GPS-enabled device for satellite outdoor units
Dec 16, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a GPS-enabled satellite outdoor unit (ODU) device. The solution combines Broadcom's satellite TV device with its GPS receiver, enabling operators to track the location of subscriber equipment.
News categories: Broadcom, Nicholas Dunn, CES2022, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Dune HD selects Broadcom HD SoC for satellite set-top boxes
Jan 28, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Dune HD has selected Broadcom's BCM7356 satellite system-on-a-chip (SoC) for its next generation set-top box (STB) deployments.
News categories: Broadcom, Dune HD, Nicholas Dunn, Konstantin Dyshlevoy, CSTB, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom expands satellite ODU device portfolio for operators
Jan 7, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a new Outdoor Unit (ODU) satellite chipset that enables operators to deliver a wider range of services to more subscribers without additional satellite dish installations.
News categories: Broadcom, Nicholas Dunn, CES2022, Digital TV, ICs, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Antix Labs and Broadcom Collaborate On Anytime, Anywhere HD Game Service
Mar 19, 2013 – Antix Labs has announced that it is working with Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) on an integrated service that delivers executable, interactive games to consumer home devices, including smartphones, tablets and television set-top boxes (STB).
News categories: Broadcom, Antix, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, Video Exchange
Broadcom Powers Humax's First 40nm High Definition Satellite Set-Top Boxes
Feb 22, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Humax (KOSDAQ:028080) is now deploying HD satellite set-top boxes, based on Broadcom® technology, to emerging countries, proliferating low cost and interactive HDTV throughout the world.
News categories: Broadcom, Humax, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom Announces HD Satellite Set-Top Box SoC with Integrated MoCA®
Sep 8, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced new single-chip, multi-format high definition (HD) satellite set-top box (STB) solutions featuring an integrated Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA®) 1.1 core.
News categories: Broadcom, Digital TV, DVR, IBC2022, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers