Digital TV News: Nicholas Dunn
Broadcom powers D-Smart Digital Channel Stacker
Sep 24, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that D-Smart has started volume production of a Digital Channel Stacker based on Broadcom's satellite Out Door Unit (ODU) chip. Broadcom's BCM4554 supports up to 32 set-top boxes on a single coaxial cable.
News categories: Broadcom, D-Smart, Nicholas Dunn, Erdogan Simsek, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Turkey, Worldwide
Broadcom satellite STB SoC integrates Full Band Capture
Jun 9, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a satellite set-top box SoC, the BCM45308, that integrates Full Band Capture (FBC) technology to provide operators with more efficient video and IP service distribution to connected devices throughout the home.
News categories: Broadcom, Nicholas Dunn, ANGA COM, Digital TV, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom expands low-power ODU satellite device portfolio
Jan 5, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a new low-power satellite device in its Outdoor Unit (ODU) portfolio. The BCM4554 addresses consumer demand for satellite services with support for North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific regions.
News categories: Broadcom, Nicholas Dunn, Asia, CES2022, Europe, ICs, LNB, North America, Satellite, Semiconductor
Broadcom introduces first GPS-enabled device for satellite outdoor units
Dec 16, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a GPS-enabled satellite outdoor unit (ODU) device. The solution combines Broadcom's satellite TV device with its GPS receiver, enabling operators to track the location of subscriber equipment.
News categories: Broadcom, Nicholas Dunn, CES2022, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Dune HD selects Broadcom HD SoC for satellite set-top boxes
Jan 28, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Dune HD has selected Broadcom's BCM7356 satellite system-on-a-chip (SoC) for its next generation set-top box (STB) deployments.
News categories: Broadcom, Dune HD, Nicholas Dunn, Konstantin Dyshlevoy, CSTB, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom expands satellite ODU device portfolio for operators
Jan 7, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a new Outdoor Unit (ODU) satellite chipset that enables operators to deliver a wider range of services to more subscribers without additional satellite dish installations.
News categories: Broadcom, Nicholas Dunn, CES2022, Digital TV, ICs, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Antix Labs and Broadcom Collaborate On Anytime, Anywhere HD Game Service
Mar 19, 2013 – Antix Labs has announced that it is working with Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) on an integrated service that delivers executable, interactive games to consumer home devices, including smartphones, tablets and television set-top boxes (STB).
News categories: Broadcom, Antix, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, Video Exchange
Broadcom Powers Humax's First 40nm High Definition Satellite Set-Top Boxes
Feb 22, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Humax (KOSDAQ:028080) is now deploying HD satellite set-top boxes, based on Broadcom® technology, to emerging countries, proliferating low cost and interactive HDTV throughout the world.
News categories: Broadcom, Humax, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom Announces HD Satellite Set-Top Box SoC with Integrated MoCA®
Sep 8, 2009 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced new single-chip, multi-format high definition (HD) satellite set-top box (STB) solutions featuring an integrated Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA®) 1.1 core.
News categories: Broadcom, Digital TV, DVR, IBC, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion
- Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
- Disney+ comes to Panasonic TVs
- Innovid introduces interoperable infrastructure for identity resolution
- Ampersand launches improved solution for multiscreen TV campaign measurement
- Dl Gtpl chooses ATEME cable headend solution
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations