Digital TV News: Nick Thexton
Synamedia unveils suite of data-driven SaaS products for pay TV
Mar 17, 2021 – Synamedia has unveiled Synamedia Go, a modular suite of data-driven SaaS services that provide a way for pay-TV operators and OTT/D2C streaming providers to augment and create value from their technology platforms.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Synamedia and AWS accelerate end-to-end cloud TV deployments
Jun 8, 2020 – Synamedia is collaborating with AWS to accelerate the adoption of cloud TV services. With the partnership, video service providers can combine Synamedia’s Infinite cloud TV platform and AWS's reliability and cloud elasticity.
News categories: Synamedia, AWS, Nick Thexton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Worldwide
ProSiebenSat.1 selects AWS as primary cloud provider
Nov 27, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced that ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE has selected AWS as its primary cloud provider. ProSiebenSat.1 is working with AWS to adopt cloud services within all parts of its broadcast and digital media businesses, production companies, and e-commerce platforms.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, ProSiebenSat.1, Andy Isherwood, Nick Thexton, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Switzerland
YouView reveals next generation user experience
Nov 23, 2016 – YouView has announced the re-engineering and redesigning of its entire platform to respond quickly to the fast-changing needs and tastes of TV viewers, advertisers and partners. The transformation is enabled by YouView’s move to the cloud.
News categories: YouView, Richard Halton, Nick Thexton, Digital TV, HTML5, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
ARRIS to Display DVB-C2 Broadcast at Cable Congress 2012
Feb 15, 2012 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) has announced its participation at this year's Cable Congress. ARRIS will present a live demonstration of how the ARRIS D5® Universal Edge QAM can support DVB-C2 broadcast and VOD in conjunction with Kabel Deutschland and Sony.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DVB-C2
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021