Digital TV News: Nick Thexton
Synamedia expands Synamedia Go cloud video suite
Apr 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the launch of its complete Synamedia Go cloud video suite. Synamedia Go offers video service providers everything they need to launch a streaming service as well as the ability to customize it to increase value.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Tom Morrod, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Synamedia pre-integrates security and business solutions with Android TV
Sep 1, 2021 – Synamedia, using Google’s Broadcast Stack for hybrid STBs, has developed pre-integrated Android TV solutions including UIs, watermarking and broadcast/OTT security, business insights and addressable advertising.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Advertising, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Synamedia unveils suite of data-driven SaaS products for pay TV
Mar 17, 2021 – Synamedia has unveiled Synamedia Go, a modular suite of data-driven SaaS services that provide a way for pay-TV operators and OTT/D2C streaming providers to augment and create value from their technology platforms.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Synamedia and AWS accelerate end-to-end cloud TV deployments
Jun 8, 2020 – Synamedia is collaborating with AWS to accelerate the adoption of cloud TV services. With the partnership, video service providers can combine Synamedia’s Infinite cloud TV platform and AWS's reliability and cloud elasticity.
News categories: Synamedia, AWS, Nick Thexton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Worldwide
ProSiebenSat.1 selects AWS as primary cloud provider
Nov 27, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced that ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE has selected AWS as its primary cloud provider. ProSiebenSat.1 is working with AWS to adopt cloud services within all parts of its broadcast and digital media businesses, production companies, and e-commerce platforms.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, ProSiebenSat.1, Andy Isherwood, Nick Thexton, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, Switzerland
YouView reveals next generation user experience
Nov 23, 2016 – YouView has announced the re-engineering and redesigning of its entire platform to respond quickly to the fast-changing needs and tastes of TV viewers, advertisers and partners. The transformation is enabled by YouView’s move to the cloud.
News categories: YouView, Richard Halton, Nick Thexton, Digital TV, HTML5, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
ARRIS to Display DVB-C2 Broadcast at Cable Congress 2012
Feb 15, 2012 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) has announced its participation at this year's Cable Congress. ARRIS will present a live demonstration of how the ARRIS D5® Universal Edge QAM can support DVB-C2 broadcast and VOD in conjunction with Kabel Deutschland and Sony.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DVB-C2
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers