Digital TV News: Nikola Teslić
Synaptics and partners launch turnkey Android TV STB solution
Sep 12, 2018 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that with partners it has developed a turnkey platform for the Android TV market. The solution consists of Synaptics’ multimedia processor SoCs and iWedia’s STB software on hardware from Tonly.
News categories: Synaptics, iWedia, Tonly, Huibert Verhoeven, Nikola Teslić, David Huang, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
iWedia Teatro-3.5 Android TV software available on Askey UHD STBs
Sep 14, 2017 – iWedia has announced that its Teatro-3.5 software solution for Android TV Set-Top Boxes (STB) is available for the latest UHD STB from Askey Computer. A pure IP STB, the Askey STI6080 is based on Amlogic's S912 chipset.
News categories: iWedia, Askey, Nikola Teslić, Thomas Ho, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
iWedia and Amlogic combine for Android TV
May 23, 2017 – iWedia has announced that it has joined forces with Amlogic to deliver a combined software and hardware solution for Android TV. The solution consists of iWedia's Teatro-3.5 software ported to Amlogic's S905D set-top box SoC.
News categories: iWedia, Amlogic, Nikola Teslić, James Xie, Android TV, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Stofa selects iWedia Android TV for new 4K Box
Mar 30, 2017 – iWedia has announced that its Teatro-3.5 solution for Android TV has been chosen by Stofa to operate its next-gen TV box. The software runs on a quad cable tuner 4K STB provided by Kaon Media.
News categories: iWedia, Stofa, KaonMedia, Nikola Teslić, Android TV, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
iWedia Android STB software ported to HiSilicon SoCs
Mar 28, 2017 – iWedia has announced that its Teatro-3.5 product for Android TV STB has been ported to the HiSilicon Hi3798MV200, the latest UHD STB chipset from the provider of silicon solutions for digital home, communications and wireless terminals.
News categories: iWedia, HiSilicon, Nikola Teslić, John Liu, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
iWedia Android TV STB software available on Amlogic UHD STB ICs
Mar 28, 2017 – iWedia has announced that it has extended the coverage of its Teatro-3.5 product for Android TV STB to the Amlogic S905D STB SoC. The announcement was made to coincide with the opening of TV Connect 2017.
News categories: iWedia, Amlogic, Nikola Teslić, James Xie, Android TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
iWedia’s Teatro-3.5 for Android TV ported to latest HiSilicon STB SoCs
Sep 10, 2016 – iWedia has announced that its Teatro-3.5 software solution for Android TV STB is available for the latest family of STB chipsets from HiSilicon.
News categories: iWedia, HiSilicon, Nikola Teslić, Liu Zhiyang, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
iWedia ports its ANDROID4TV to Lollipop and Android TV
Apr 28, 2015 – iWedia has announced that it has migrated its ANDROID4TV framework to Android Lollipop and Android TV and that the release is available in open source. ANDROID4TV is iWedia’s approach to integration of Digital TV (DTV) in the Android environment.
News categories: iWedia, Nikola Teslić, Android TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
RT-RK joins the Frog by Wyplay program
Sep 12, 2014 – RT-RK has announced that it has joined the Frog Initiative and has been selected as an engineering scaling partner by Wyplay, creator of software solutions for leading pay-TV operators.
News categories: RT-RK, Wyplay, Jacques Bourgninaud, Nikola Teslić, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- 2020 semiconductor market to decline 0.9% due to coronavirus
- Over 11,000 TV channels were available in Europe in 2019
- Disney+ already at 50 million subscribers
- Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
- Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
- Neustar and iSpot.tv unify TV and digital attribution
- Comscore and JW Player partner on contextual targeting for video advertising
- Taiwan Broadband Communications adds HBO GO
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv