Digital TV News: Opera TV
Vewd wins Emmy for work on HTML5 for TV
Jan 30, 2020 – Vewd has announced that the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) has granted Vewd a Technology & Engineering Emmy Award for its pioneering work on HTML5 for the presentation of online content on the TV screen.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ten TV app vendors adopt Vewd certification process
Oct 12, 2017 – Vewd has announced that ten of the world’s top TV app vendors will unite in support of the Vewd ecosystem in a bid to unify the fragmented TV app market. The ten app vendors are Accedo, Cisco, Easel TV, Float Left Interactive, Fractal Media, Massive, Tradecast, TV App Agency, Wizitivi, and 24i.
News categories: Vewd, Accedo, TV App Agency, Easel TV, Daniel Nordberg, Michael Lantz, Bruno Pereira, Joe Foster, Apps, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming
Kaon Media cuts time-to-market by selecting Vewd
Oct 4, 2017 – Vewd has announced that Kaon Media has selected Vewd products for its next generation of set-top boxes. Kaon selected Vewd for two reasons: its ability to cut time-to-market significantly, and support for what OTT TV operators want to offer.
News categories: Vewd, Kaon Media, Aneesh Rajaram, Chulmin Kim, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vewd certifies Wiztivi UI framework for pay TV
Sep 17, 2017 – Vewd (formerly Opera TV) has announced a partnership with Wiztivi that will offer pay-TV operators peace-of-mind and radically faster time-to-market when selecting Wiztivi’s UI framework.
News categories: Wiztivi, Vewd, Manuel Dujardin, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, IBC2023, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Freeview Play is first profile for Opera TV's new EPG
Sep 14, 2017 – Opera TV has revealed a new, modern electronic program guide (EPG) which manufacturers of Smart TVs and set-top boxes can use to transform their end-consumer experiences to address current market trends and requirements.
News categories: Opera TV, Digital UK, Aneesh Rajaram, James Jackson, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBC2023, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK, UX
Opera TV works with IRT and BBC on content insertion and media sync for HbbTV
Sep 14, 2017 – Opera TV has announced that it is the first vendor to showcase pan-European support for dynamic content insertion and media synchronization using the latest HbbTV standards. Opera TV will bring these technologies to market in 2018.
News categories: Opera TV, Institut für Rundfunktechnik, BBC, Aneesh Rajaram, Klaus Merkel, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2023, UX, Worldwide
Eros Now partners with Opera TV
Aug 11, 2017 – Eros International (NYSE: EROS) has announced that Eros Now, its OTT South Asian entertainment platform, will now be available on all Opera TV powered devices including smart TVs, Blu-ray disc players and set-top boxes worldwide.
News categories: Opera TV, Eros International, Aneesh Rajaram, Rishika Lulla Singh, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
ALTBalaji to be available on Opera TV powered devices
Jun 26, 2017 – ALTBalaji has announced its content availability on Opera TV. This means that all Smart TVs, Blu-ray disc players and set-top boxes powered by Opera TV, will provide instant access to over 250 hours of original content from ALTBalaji.
News categories: ALTBalaji, Opera TV, Sunil Nair, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Worldwide
Opera TV ported to ALi STB SoCs
May 22, 2017 – Opera TV and ALi Corporation have announced the integration of Opera TV’s solution into ALi's set-top box (STB) SoCs. The market-ready combination provides consumers with access to OTT content directly from their STB.
News categories: Opera TV, ALi Corp, Aneesh Rajaram, Tony Chang, Apps, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024