Digital TV News: Pedro Bandeira
Comcast Technology Solutions back-end selected by DT for Magenta TV
Jun 6, 2022 – Comcast Technology Solutions has announced that its Cloud TV Suite is being rolled out as the back-end platform for Deutsche Telekom's Magenta TV. Deployments began in Austria and will be phased across other Deutsche Telekom markets throughout 2022.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Deutsche Telekom, Ken Klaer, Pedro Bandeira, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV
NOS and Tata Elxsi open Digital Centre of Excellence
Sep 12, 2018 – NOS and Tata Elxsi have announced the launch a Digital Centre of Excellence (CoE). The centre will focus on digital transformation initiatives that are geared to deliver next generation services, enhance subscriber experience, and improve operational efficiency.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, NOS, KP Sreekumar, Pedro Bandeira, Broadband, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Portugal, RDK
NOS selects Metrological to deliver integrated OTT experiences
Sep 27, 2017 – NOS is advancing its UMA personalized television experience to the next level with the deployment of Metrological’s Application Platform, WPE (Web Platform for Embedded) browser and WPE cloud architecture.
News categories: Metrological, NOS, Thijs Bijleveld, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Portugal, Set Top Box
Espial introduces 5th generation of RDK-based STB client
Sep 7, 2017 – Espial has announced the introduction of its fifth-generation RDK-based set-top box (STB) client solution. Espial has introduced the latest Espial G4 STB Client to fully enable DevOps and harness ongoing RDK innovations.
News categories: Espial, Mick McCluskey, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Espial signs DevOps agreement with NOS
Aug 17, 2017 – Espial has announced that it has signed an agreement with NOS to provide agile and DevOps engineering and delivery services. The engagement allows NOS to take a continuous innovation approach and more effectively monetize their video services.
News categories: Espial, NOS, Jaison Dolvane, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UX
Tata Elxsi and Portugal's NOS partner to accelerate RDK deployment
Feb 22, 2017 – Tata Elxsi has announced that it has partnered with NOS to accelerate RDK deployment by leveraging Tata Elxsi’s deep expertise and off-the-shelf solutions for RDK rollout.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, NOS, KP Sreekumar, Pedro Bandeira, Digital TV, Portugal, RDK, Set Top Box
Nuance voice technology powers NOS STBs and remotes
Jun 7, 2016 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV voice technology will be deployed in NOS’s next generation set top boxes and remote controls, along with multiscreen services and applications for iOS and Android.
News categories: Nuance Communications, NOS, Kenn Harper, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Portugal, Set Top Box, UX
NOS deploys Espial's G4 STB Client
Jun 7, 2016 – Espial has announced the deployment of a hybrid IP Video service by Portugal's NOS, powered by the Espial G4 STB Client. The service is Europe’s first deployment of the RDK 2.1 environment.
News categories: Espial, NOS, Jaison Dolvane, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, Portugal, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
NAGRA secures new NOS 4K set-top box
Jun 7, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and NOS have announced the launch of the operator’s 4K Ultra HD RDK-enabled set-top box offering secured by NAGRA anyCAST CONNECT, NAGRA’s converged CAS/DRM content security solution.
News categories: NAGRA, NOS, Maurice van Riek, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Portugal, Set Top Box
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024