Digital TV News: Pixelworks
MaxLinear and Pixelworks selected by Nuvyyo for Tablo OTA DVR
May 24, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Nuvyyo has selected its MxL69x ATSC receiver for its Tablo DVR product that streams live HDTV and recorded OTA content to any internet-connected TV, streaming media player, gaming system, computer or mobile device.
News categories: MaxLinear, Pixelworks, Nuvyyo, Will Torgerson, Anthony Gioeli, Grant Hall, ATSC, Digital TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
AirTV officially launches hybrid DTT/OTT gateway in the U.S.
May 23, 2018 – AirTV has officially launched. The AirTV solution, when connected to an OTA antenna and a home Wi-Fi network, wirelessly streams free local channels to internet-connected TVs and mobile devices, in and out of the home.
News categories: AirTV, Mitch Weinraub, ATSC, Digital TV, Gateway, OTT, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
Pixelworks processor drives Hauppauge dual-tuner OTA streamer
Jan 8, 2018 – Pixelworks (NASDAQ:PXLW) has announced the Company’s XCode 5516 processor with advanced transcoding is the fundamental technology behind the OTA streaming in Hauppauge’s recently launched Cordcutter TV.
News categories: Pixelworks, Hauppauge, Anselmo Pilla, Ken Plotkin, ATSC, Cable TV, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Terrestrial, USA
ViXS Systems seeks shareholder approval for acquisition by Pixelworks
Jul 5, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that it intends to seek shareholder approval for a proposed acquisition by Pixelworks (NASDAQ: PXLW) of all of ViXS' outstanding common shares pursuant to an arrangement agreement between the companies.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Pixelworks, Digital TV, MnA, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS reports first quarter fiscal 2018 results
Jun 7, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has reported results for the period ending April 30, 2017. Revenues for the quarter totaled $4.8 million, down from $7.7 million in the previous quarter, primarily due to the sale of the company's legacy MoCA product line.
News categories: ViXS, Results, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Pixelworks shows cinematic picture quality on mobiles at COMPUTEX
Jun 2, 2014 – Pixelworks (NASDAQ: PXLW) has announced a Mobile Video Display Processor, code-named Iris, that will allow mobile device manufacturers, for the first time, to offer cinematic picture quality on their mobile screens.
News categories: Pixelworks, Bruce Walicek, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Skyworth selects Pixelworks video display processors for Ultra HD 4K TVs
Jan 3, 2014 – Pixelworks (NASDAQ: PXLW) has announced that its PA168 MotionEngine™ video display processor has been selected to power Skyworth’s Ultra HD 4Kx2K Dual Core Android 3D Smart TVs.
News categories: Pixelworks, Skyworth, Graham Loveridge, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Pixelworks' MotionEngine™ Processor Powers Tier 1 Korean TV OEM's 4Kx2K Ultra Definition TV
Oct 18, 2012 – Pixelworks (NASDAQ:PXLW) has announced that its MotionEngine™ video processor has been selected by a tier 1 Korean TV OEM to power their first 84" 4Kx2K Ultra Definition (UD) TV that offers an unparalleled immersive home TV experience.
News categories: Pixelworks, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Pixelworks Unleashes the Power of DNX™ Motion Engine™ Technology with the Announcement of the PW9800 for 100/120Hz Advanced Television Systems
Jan 7, 2008 – Pixelworks (NASDAQ:PXLW) has announced the PW9800 DNX™ Motion Engine™ IC, which uses proprietary algorithms to support high resolution 100/120Hz panels for advanced TVs.
News categories: Pixelworks, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- Minerva to power Dhiraagu's TV services in the Maldives
- BritBox chooses Deltatre as front-end and UX design partner
- ADB builds satellite STB platform with MediaTek
- GatesAir TV transmission deal with Doordarshan expanded to Northern India
- Live video streaming to have 91 million subscribers by 2024
- Amobee to integrate LiveRamp IdentityLink to enhance targeting
- Telia Carrier offers direct connectivity for MOBITV streaming TV apps
- Ocean Blue Software releases CI Plus 2.0 Host software stack
- FPT Play selects ATEME for OTT headend in Vietnam
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs to get Chromecast built-in update with Disney+ support
- Edgeware and ENENSYS form alliance
- US telecom and pay-TV service revenue to rise to $419.4bn by 2024
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019