Digital TV News: PlayJam
Online games titan Miniclip moves into Smart TV with PlayJam
Apr 11, 2012 – PlayJam has partnered with Miniclip to bring content to Smart TV. Miniclip will utilize PlayJam's platform to capitalize on the growth of Smart TV gaming. Miniclip's titles will thus be monetized and distributed via all major Smart TV manufacturers.
News categories: PlayJam, Miniclip, Apps, Smart TV
PlayJam Expands Global Games TV Network with Vestel
Mar 15, 2012 – PlayJam has announced that Vestel will add the PlayJam Games Channel to its product line up of TVs and set-top boxes. The games channel will be accessible from the front page of the UI and sit alongside VOD and music streaming services.
News categories: PlayJam, Vestel, Apps, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ACCESS DTV Browser and DLNA Solutions to Support Electra Entertainment's Hybrid DVB/IP Connected TV
Jan 7, 2011 – ACCESS CO. (TOKYO: 4813) has signed a software license agreement with Electra Entertainment. The agreement brings ACCESS' NetFront™ Browser for TV and NetFront™ Living Connect to Electra's Trove™ hybrid DVB/IP connected TV software platform.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Electra Entertainment, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
PlayJam Teams with STMicroelectronics to Bring Games to TV
Jan 6, 2011 – PlayJam is teaming with STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) to bring games to connected TVs and set-top box devices. PlayJam will integrate its games channel across a wide range of ST platforms, including Freeman Ultra, a TV SoC processor.
News categories: PlayJam, STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Yahoo! and Vestel Group Partner to Deliver Yahoo! Connected TV Across Europe
Sep 3, 2010 – Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) and Vestel (Istanbul: VESTL) have announced that consumers across Europe will soon be able to easily access thousands of content sources, movies, TV shows, social networks, videos, and other kinds of Internet content through Yahoo! Connected TV.
News categories: Yahoo!, Vestel, Smart TV, Streaming
Tesco Selects Electra Trove Technology for Freeview Products
Mar 29, 2010 – Electra Entertainment has partnered with Tesco (LSE:TSCO) to distribute its interactive technology via standard and high definition Freeview-ready TVs, set top boxes and PVRs, available in stores from June 2010 onwards.
News categories: Electra Entertainment, Tesco, Digital TV, DVR, Media Player, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
Industry leaders create new Connected TV Game Forum
Jan 5, 2010 – A selection of the world's foremost interactive companies are establishing a new forum for the development of games on connected TV, namely Accedo, Betfair, PlayJam, RallyPoint and Two Way Media.
News categories: Connected TV Game Forum, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Intel Unveils 45nm System-on-Chip for Internet TV
Sep 24, 2009 – Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) has unveiled the Intel® Atom™ processor CE4100, the newest System-on-Chip (SoC) in a family of media processors designed to bring Internet content and services to digital TVs, DVD players and advanced set-top boxes.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, DVD, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022