Digital TV News: PlayStation
Redbox streaming app available for PlayStation 5 console
Oct 7, 2021 – Redbox has announced that it has expanded the distribution footprint for its streaming app to the PlayStation 5 console. The Redbox streaming app will also soon be available on the PlayStation 4.
News categories: Redbox, PlayStation, Chris Yates, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
FandangoNOW merged into Vudu
Aug 3, 2021 – Fandango is uniting its TV streaming services, Vudu and FandangoNOW. The new Vudu service will offer more than 200,000 new release and catalog movies and TV shows. Vudu replaces FandangoNOW on Roku in the U.S.
News categories: Fandango, Roku, Paul Yanover, Tedd Cittadine, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
Jul 28, 2021 – Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced that its newest generation game console, PlayStation 5 (PS5), has sold through more than 10 million units globally since its launch on November 12, 2020.
News categories: Sony Interactive Entertainment, Jim Ryan, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
SeaChange introduces end-to-end SaaS OTT platform
Jul 7, 2021 – SeaChange (NASDAQ:SEAC) has introduced StreamVid, an OTT turnkey platform. StreamVid is an end-to-end, fully managed SaaS platform, supporting functions from content ingestion and management to curation and monetization.
News categories: SeaChange, Chris Klimmer, Bob Pons, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
Jun 23, 2021 – According to a Horowitz Research survey, U.S. consumers are feeling the pain of chaos (too many streaming services) and fatigue as content is unpredictably fragmented across numerous, access-restricted streams.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Howard Horowitz, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
Jun 22, 2021 – Tubi has announced that it will be the first CTV publisher to implement Unified ID 2.0, the new industry-wide approach to internet identity that preserves the value of relevant advertising across digital ecosystems.
News categories: Tubi, Mark Rotblat, Tim Sims, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
Jun 22, 2021 – NexStreaming has announced support for the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative. NexPlayer is compatible with AWS outputs on devices including Android, iOS, HTML5, Tizen, WebOS, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch.
News categories: NexStreaming, Amazon Web Services, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Verimatrix multi-DRM solution integrates NexPlayer SDK
Jun 2, 2021 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced a partnership with NexStreaming. Verimatrix has integrated the company's NexPlayer multi-screen player SDK into its Verimatrix Multi-DRM Core solution.
News categories: Verimatrix, NexStreaming, Asaf Ashkenazi, Carlos Lucas, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
CUJO AI reveals North American connected device usage patterns
Jun 2, 2021 – CUJO AI has released its annual device intelligence report. The report explores connected device usage patterns and trends based on data from more than 1 billion devices in the Unites States and Canada.
News categories: CUJO AI, Kimmo Kasslin, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA, VR
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil