Digital TV News: Plex
Russian-Ukrainian war and inflation impacting TV, LCD monitor, notebook markets
Apr 1, 2022 – According to TrendForce, the uncertainty of current global political and economic circumstances has upset demand for major display applications including TVs, LCD monitors, and notebooks, creating pressure to correct 1H22 expectations.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Thaicom and AWS to build cloud-based satellite TV broadcast platform
Mar 31, 2022 – Thaicom (SET: THCOM) has signed an agreement with AWS that includes the building of a cloud-based satellite TV broadcast distribution platform for the Asia Pacific region based on AWS Elemental media services.
News categories: Thaicom, Amazon Web Services, Patompob (Nile) Suwansiri, Clint Crosier, Asia, Content Protection, Digital TV
Triveni Digital launches ATSC 3.0 StreamScope XM Monitor
Mar 29, 2022 – Triveni Digital has launched StreamScope® XM Monitor. The Monitor performs real-time monitoring of ATSC 3.0 streams and allows broadcasters to create rules-based notifications to pinpoint and troubleshoot NextGen TV service quality issues.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Ralph Bachofen, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
Metrological unveils Lightning partner program
Mar 23, 2022 – Metrological has unveiled its Lightning Partner Program. The program provides TV operators and content providers a worldwide network of resources to help bring high-performing Lightning-based TV apps and UXs to market faster and cost efficiently.
News categories: Metrological, Greg Riker, Wouter Schreur, Anthony Goonetilleke, Apps, Digital TV, RDK, Worldwide
Indian M&E sector recovered 16.4% to reach ₹1.61 trillion in 2021
Mar 21, 2022 – According to the 2022 EY-FICCI report, TV advertising in India grew 25% to end 2021 just 2% short of 2019 levels. Subscription revenue continued to fall, down 6.2%. Connected TV sets increased to 10 million.
News categories: EY, FICCI, Ashish Pherwani, Sanjay Gupta, Jyoti Deshpande, Advertising, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
Streaming Video Alliance announces new technical specifications
Mar 10, 2022 – The Streaming Video Alliance has approved new technical specifications. The Configuration Interface documents specify the motivational drivers, use cases, and standards for a configuration interface to facilitate interoperability within the CDN and Open Caching ecosystems.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Glenn Goldstein, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Agama and Divitel expand QA and monitoring services at Digicel
Mar 10, 2022 – Agama has announced that, in partnership with Divitel, the Digicel Group will deploy Agama's monitoring solution for quality assurance of the OTT head-end in its video delivery network, monitoring both unicast and multicast streams.
News categories: Agama, Divitel, Digicel, Mikael Dahlgren, Hans Kornmann, Asia, Cable TV, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, QoE, Streaming
Telenor chooses DataMiner experience and performance management solution
Mar 10, 2022 – Skyline Communications has announced that Telenor has chosen its DataMiner platform as the experience and performance management solution for its renewed converged television and video streaming services platform.
News categories: Skyline Communications, Telenor, Dominique De Paepe, Tommy Hexeberg, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, QoE, Sweden
FITE chooses Dooya to power FITE 24/7 FAST channel
Mar 8, 2022 – FITE has announced the expansion of FITE 24/7 into FITE's first Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) channel. The channel will use Dooya's FASTCast process to provide distribution and monetization to cable operators as well as OTT platforms and connected TVs.
News categories: Dooya, FITE, John T. Wells, Louis Lewow, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated